Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 242 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading the long post from H&S, I was wondering if anyone on here has gotten one yet and what their thoughts were. I really like the idea of the adjust on the fly. I am after better mileage ofcourse and would like to get rid of the dead pedal. I know H&S doesn't want to give mileage claims so any imput would be great!

-Funkster-

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There was a long post on here about another tuner for our 6.4 from H&S called Black Maxx tuner that is adjustable on the fly. I was wondering if anyone has gotten one yet and what they thought?

-Funkster-

·
Registered
204 Posts
After reading the long post from H&S, I was wondering if anyone on here has gotten one yet and what their thoughts were. I really like the idea of the adjust on the fly. I am after better mileage ofcourse and would like to get rid of the dead pedal. I know H&S doesn't want to give mileage claims so any imput would be great!

-Funkster-
Its the adjust on the fly that concerns me. It will be interesting to see how they perform

·
Registered
113 Posts
i think it is getting re-work after some Q/A on the forum so their product is up to snuff when it is time to release. You will have to get ahold of them directly to get your answers.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I currently have one and I wanna say its a whole different truck the power is unreal shifting is real good and firm. I dont have the spartan but in my opinion from reading you guys talking the Black Maxx has to be right on with it and if not its right there with it. Its currently been raining like crazy so I havent had a chance to make many WOT runs, but as soon as I do I'll provide a little more feeddback. I guess we are going to really find out when Cobbs finishes testing and we have the results of someone who has tried them both out.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I currently have one and I wanna say its a whole different truck the power is unreal shifting is real good and firm. I dont have the spartan but in my opinion from reading you guys talking the Black Maxx has to be right on with it and if not its right there with it. Its currently been raining like crazy so I havent had a chance to make many WOT runs, but as soon as I do I'll provide a little more feeddback. I guess we are going to really find out when Cobbs finishes testing and we have the results of someone who has tried them both out.
Great to hear you are loving it so far! Keep us posted on it when it dries out and you get a chance to test it some more. We have been getting very positive feedback so far, customers are really loving it. The automatic safety backdown in one of the features we hear customers really love. Im sure in the next few weeks there will be more guys reporting their thoughts on the Black Maxx. Also, anyone within range of St. George Utah with a Black Maxx is more than welcome to come use the dyno and get some #s.

Casey

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So Casey, I looked at the website and all it said was 3 power levels. So, what are they? Can you tell us what kind of mileage improvements your customers are seeing? Thanks.

-Funkster-

·
Registered
640 Posts
Great to hear you are loving it so far! Keep us posted on it when it dries out and you get a chance to test it some more. We have been getting very positive feedback so far, customers are really loving it. The automatic safety backdown in one of the features we hear customers really love. Im sure in the next few weeks there will be more guys reporting their thoughts on the Black Maxx. Also, anyone within range of St. George Utah with a Black Maxx is more than welcome to come use the dyno and get some #s.

Casey
Have yall had any trucks on the dyno yet? What kind of numbers have you seen? Any times at the track?

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
How do you know I dont have a 6.4? Anyways i was just trying to help
Because if you had a 6.4 his post would have made a little more sense, and your signature and avatar don't show a 6.4. Glad your trying to help though! (said sincerely) :nod:

·
Registered
64 Posts
The power settings are 60hp, 130hp, 200hp. They said that was a stock truck on the dyno, NO intake or exhaust. They also said that they rate those hp numbers low so they do make a little more power than that. Dont hold all this against me but thats kinda what I remember on the phone.

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
So basically what they did was get the stock numbers, they added horsepower, and they rated the tunes by the amount over the the stock numbers? Best way to do it...

·
Registered
387 Posts
On our shop truck with 40" tires, on a mustang dyno 1100 SE, we consistently see 540hp. Only mods to that truck are S&B intake, 5" exhaust and a Black Maxx Tuner. That is on the HOT setting and uncorrected numbers. We do take into account the horsepower that is added by an intake and exhaust, which is why our tune is rated much lower than others that dyno around the same horsepower. We have yet to find a tune that can outperform ours on the dyno.

1 - 20 of 242 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.