Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently bought one as well and it is really hit and miss, it worked on my 11' F350 6.7L and my 08' 5.4L i then went to try it on a 6.0L and no luck wouldn't read the truck. Anybody get theirs to work? I did some more research and it turns out that the clones are more prone to work with cars and suvs rather than the diesel trucks.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have 2 that work great. I did run into a truck that is the same year and model as mine
that for some reason I could not get it to connect. Going back later this week to retest it.

That truck had been "Worked On". Is it a monkey job I don't know yet. Right now it's looking
like an EGR and oil cooler. I really hope to not find more.

Sean

·
Registered
2 Posts
I found a VCM 2 on ebay for $104.00 from Hong Kong. I can't post the link because I'm new. It is Ford v96/Mazda v95. I am wondering if it will work with the latest Ford IDS. I have a 2013 F250. I like to do my own work. BTW, I am loving this forum. I will be reading for days! Thank you!

I need to program a key and flash a new driver seat module.

Anyone recommend a good working clone that is wired?

·
Registered
79 Posts
The current issue with the clones is if you use any version of IDS over v86 you have to install
VMware and Deep Freeze so they don't time out. I know that v86 works well for the 6.0L and
some newer. You just have to test. Also most new clones come with what ever the newest
level of IDS they are selling with the package already installed. That is not an issue if that is
what your going to run. If you want to run the older version you have to roll back the firmware
on the VCM2 and sometimes that can hang up and your stuck with what they sent on the
unit or worse yet bricked.

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Why don't you go try FORScan. I believe you program keys with it. You can use you AB data to program the module.

FORSCAN.ORG

21 - 25 of 25 Posts