Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
i dont know how well that would work on a PSD. i have a supertrap almost identical to that on my sandrail.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
dont sound like a good idea

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
I'm thinking about trying a HushPower muffler on my Dodge, as a straight exhaust, it sounds nice, but can be annoying sometimes.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
yeah i dont know about that one ...................99Bigred where in covina are you located?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine's a kitten too.. with the windows up. It sounds like the supertrapp is a bad idea. I was just hoping not to have to cut everything to put in a muffler, and the idea of just putting only as many discs in as needed to minimize restriction was appealing.

·
Registered
425 Posts
yeah my 7.3 isnt too loud inside the cab,ive never really hear it outsdie like driving by, but my intake makes my straight pipe sounds much better

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I am debating the walker BTM and a straight pipe. Not sure yet.... i have heard 7.3s with straight pipes and they sound good but i am scared it will be too loud when the family gets in and we go to the lake. I like the noise but the family does not!

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Walker btm or magnaflow 4in is what I would install.
I was thinking that I would get the walker and then have a shop make me a pipe that i can slip in place of the muffler when its me driving but when the family gets in, put the muffler back on.

nice pipes on that bike! that thing must be REALLY REALLY LOUD! what bike is that? I just started getting into cruzers. I was (and still am) a big fan of the sport bikes but the r1 was not fun to ride more then 50 miles. HELL of a rocket but not fun on the long runs! my 1300t is sweet!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts