Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my AutoEnginuity software and attempted to change the tire size on my truck with software release 8.1. That didn't work and the AE tech sent me the Beta software for 8.2 and that didn't work. I was then told to try and use the Legacy 7.4 version and again with no luck.

They are working on a new release and anticipating 8-10 weeks before it will be available (over estimating the time).

Just wanted to see if anyone has successfully changed the tire size on their truck with an older release version. I'm using the ProLine connector and that seems to be the issue according to AE.

Very frustrated and disappointed.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Yes I have. I successfully increased the size of my tires using an older version. I purchased mine early last year; at the time, the only connector that worked with the Fords was the older "Scantool OBD-II Connector". Since then, AE has been using the proline connectors with Ford. I havent had any issues with my truck for a long while (knock on wood) so to be honest I havent even plugged the Proline connector into it to see if it works.

The original software version they sent me was 7.4. I've since updated to 8.1 (I think) and flashed the proline connector firmware to get the unit to work with Win7 64bit.

You might ask them to send you the older scantool unit since they basically sold you something that didnt work. Sorry to hear you are having issues with it, it really is a good tool for what you need it for.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I had the same problem on my buddy's 07. I have not tried my 04 yet. Let me know if you find a fix

·
Registered
177 Posts
I had the same problem with mine, 8.1 didn't work. They sent me 8.2 and it worked perfect. Sorry to hear you are having problems.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had the same problem with mine, 8.1 didn't work. They sent me 8.2 and it worked perfect. Sorry to hear you are having problems.
With 8.2 Beta...are you using a ProLine connector or regular OBD-II?

I tried 8.2 Beta with a ProLine and it won't work.

·
Registered
177 Posts
With 8.2 Beta...are you using a ProLine connector or regular OBD-II?

I tried 8.2 Beta with a ProLine and it won't work.
No, I am using the proline connector and it works fine. If you are having a problem, send the an email and they will ask you for your .log file and they can make any corrections you may have. That was my problem and the sent me 8.2 (I don't think it was beta though) and it worked.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, I am using the proline connector and it works fine. If you are having a problem, send the an email and they will ask you for your .log file and they can make any corrections you may have. That was my problem and the sent me 8.2 (I don't think it was beta though) and it worked.
You are using the 8.2 software with a ProLine connector on the '99 in your sig, correct? According to the AE tech, it is the newer trucks with CAN-bus that are having issues with the ProLine connector, so I think that is 2004 and newer Ford vehicles.

Very frustrating, but the AE tech is sending me a temporary fix until they correct the software.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Problem solved!!! So happy to have my speedometer/odometer reading correctly again. Thanks goes out to Jay from AutoEnginuity tech support. He has been an outstanding help over the last month getting this issue resolved.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Problem solved!!! So happy to have my speedometer/odometer reading correctly again. Thanks goes out to Jay from AutoEnginuity tech support. He has been an outstanding help over the last month getting this issue resolved.
Thats great! What did you end up having to do to get it to work?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats great! What did you end up having to do to get it to work?
They just had to get with someone at ITP Diesel to use a 6.0L truck and see why the program wasn't connecting and allowing the change. They had a fix with 8.2 software, but it worked on any other type of Ford truck except the 6.0L, apparently. He sent me 8.2.1 with the 6.0L fix and works great.

8.2.1 beta is what I'm running and from the release notes it includes...

Ford-family
• Added Powerstroke 6.0L support for 08-09MY Econoline models
• Added V8 gas models and Powerstroke 6.0L Power Balance support
• Fixed Mode 6 support with ProLine hardware (Requires firmware 25)
• Fixed CAN ABS Tire Programming

That last fix is what apparently did the trick.

·
Registered
124 Posts
They just had to get with someone at ITP Diesel to use a 6.0L truck and see why the program wasn't connecting and allowing the change. They had a fix with 8.2 software, but it worked on any other type of Ford truck except the 6.0L, apparently. He sent me 8.2.1 with the 6.0L fix and works great.

8.2.1 beta is what I'm running and from the release notes it includes...

Ford-family
• Added Powerstroke 6.0L support for 08-09MY Econoline models
• Added V8 gas models and Powerstroke 6.0L Power Balance support
• Fixed Mode 6 support with ProLine hardware (Requires firmware 25)
• Fixed CAN ABS Tire Programming

That last fix is what apparently did the trick.
Cool! I'll have to get that update.

I wonder if that "power balance" support is the contribution test we've been waiting for?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I asked when that was going to be available and he had no idea what I was talking about. He said he looked through his notes and that test (contribution test) would never be available.

I think you're right and they are synonomous/same thing.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Not trying to hijack the thread at all, somewhat on subject. But... Can AE now do a power balance test? I thought that was a big drawback over AE vs what Ford can do. What can Ford do that's a huge benefit over AE if AE supports power balance now?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey guys, when I get some time today I'll run through and see what this Power Balance thing is. I have to fine tune the tire size anyway. Speedometer was reading low, now reading high. The 37" setting isn't correct for my particular tire.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I have to fine tune the tire size anyway. Speedometer was reading low, now reading high. The 37" setting isn't correct for my particular tire.
I just did the same thing last night on mine. I put on some new 35's yesterday and had to set the tire size to 34" to make the speedo correct. I've changed speedo calibration on my truck twice and my wife's once so far and the sweet spot always worked out to be 1" less than the actual tire size. Curiosity got the best of me so I measured the tire with it on the truck and sure enough it measured out at 34-1/8 vs. the 34-3/4" it measured on the rim but off the truck.

·
Registered
367 Posts
so is it worth it cost wise the average guy that just works on his own rig to purchase this software and cable? I do own several fords that I maintain.

·
RIP Mitch ! We miss you
11,966 Posts
Will this change to correct the speedo also let you change for a different gear set?

·
Registered
854 Posts
so is it worth it cost wise the average guy that just works on his own rig to purchase this software and cable? I do own several fords that I maintain.
If you have several trucks to keep up with then I would think so. It has a lot of flexibility and a lot of options available to it. Code reading is just one the many things the AE will do. You can run test on many systems, monitor tons of stuff, watch and record many live engine / tranny parameters, etc. It's not a cheap piece of kit by any means but if you plan on keeping the vehicle for a long while I'd say go for it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts