Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been eyeballing the rough Country 5" lift with Bilstein 5100 shocks for my pickup (2011 F250 CC). Anyone here running that lift perchance?? I am in a quandary betwn a 4" or 6" and think this might be the answer. Pics would be awesome if anyone can help I would be grateful!!

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Here is my 05 with a Procomp 5" lift and 35x13.50" tires:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply and nice pickup!! I looked at PC lifts and they dont make a 5" for the 2011. Any advice for me on shocks etc?? I was thinking about running a 35x12.50 on a 20" rim. Why if I can ask did you run an 18" wheel??

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
When I bought my lift Procomp made 5" lifts, after that they discontinued their 5" and came out with their 6" lifts.

Bilstein shocks are a great choice, I run Donahoe shocks which are very nice, Donahoe is now ICON Vehicle Dynamics.

I run 18" wheels just because I like the way they look, not giving such a low profile look to the tires, and also I like having more sidewall on the tires for 4-wheeling with low tire pressures.

:wink[3]:

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
I did the Icon 4.5. I am pretty happy. the drive is great! I have done some dessert off roading and the truck handled real well. I drive on mountain roads and the truck handles the roads fine.

I went over board on the shocks but off road is a dream with this truck.
I am running 35" tires on 18" rims

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Truth be told I am a frequent reader of the forum and big time OCD when it comes to buying stuff so I just want to be sure I am making the right choice. It seems like when it comes to a "radius arm drop" type of setup the components are all the same just who makes them. Shocks it seems are where to spend the money so I feel like buying the well priced 5" lift from tuff Country and going with Bilsteins makes should produce a solid and comfortabel lift. What do you guys think?!?!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Larryw1 what are you seeing for mileage drop when going up to 35's?? I have almost identical pickup just mine isnt fx4?! I looked at ICON but man they are sure proud of there stuff!!

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Larryw1 what are you seeing for mileage drop when going up to 35's?? I have almost identical pickup just mine isnt fx4?! I looked at ICON but man they are sure proud of there stuff!!
I live in El Cajon Ca. My estimates are all over the place. I drive up this hill so many times every day. 1700 ft in three miles it kills my miliage. 13.5
but on freeway drives twenty to thirty miles runs once I am down off the hill, around 17 - 18 mpg. I took a trip and clocked my miliage from Carson city Nevada to home at 16.8 used a calculator
for me this is good. best I have ever got in a pick up.

My last truck was a lifted F150 with the same tires. 13.8 on the same drive. used the truck miliage meter. and had the wind behind me.

you are right about the shocks I got the 2.5 piggy back in the stage III Icon
but let me tell you. When I am driving off road and going 35 -40 mpg on rough roads, The truck sucks up the bumps very well. I was surprised. :woot:

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Oh, here is my ugly butt next to the truck I'm 5'7"
gives an idea on height

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK that sounds about right then since I avg about 16-17 Hwy with cruise on 75 here in South Dakota so I am estimating a drop of +/-1 mpg which I am good with all things considered?!?! Nice pickup and I really appreciate the pics you attatched for perspective!! Take care man

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
got any pics

1 - 11 of 11 Posts