Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love to see some pics of a leveld truck on 35's with factory 20's with a wheel spacer just big enough to set the tire out past the fender weld half an inch or so, thanks in advance

·
Registered
484 Posts
Not stock wheels But I like showing her off. look below

·
Registered
30 Posts
I dont have any pics but I'll give you a little tip. My truck is just leveled, with 35X12.5X20. Go to the hardware store and buy about 40 washers, (1/2" I think) and space the front bumper out about a half inch on each bolt, you wont even notice its spaced out and you wont clip the front bumper. Just very mild trimming in the back fender wells

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have no problems with the 35's rubbing I would jus like to have the tires stick out past the fender welds a lil bit to give it a good looking stance

·
Registered
484 Posts
tireman id be a little weary of running spacers on the front. iv just always heard not to do it

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I work at a tire shop and Ive talked to alot of techs and we all agree that a 1/2'' spacer shouldnt hurt a thing, but only one way to find out. I'll post some pics first of the week when they arrive thanks for the input all[/I]

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1/4'' wheels spacers ordered, pics up next week

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well just put on the 1/2'' wheel spacers that american tire sent instead of 1/4'' on, bolted right on looked good sat the tires out just right. I made one trip about an hour each way and the vibration from the NON hubcentric spacers like to have wrecked me. So from first hand experience unless you get the 1'' hub adaptors DO NOT DO IT

·
Registered
631 Posts
What's the difference between hub centric and non? I have the stock 20s, how do I know what I have?

·
Registered
369 Posts
i have 325/60/20 bfg ats on my stock 20's with the readylift 2.5 kit and i can't keep my truck from getting rock chips. i get them bad on the rear door drivers side and the front of the box passenger side. i would assume you would have got it bad unless u put flares on.unless you have allready that is

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Try getting a set of rims with -12 offset and trail grapplers. They don't pick up rocks, they pick up boulders lol. I got a few rock chips but when I pull out of gravel I hop out and pull the rocks out of the tires so it doesn't throw them. I'm trying to fit a set of mud flaps on it and looking at going with dura flap but I have to save up the money first. They also sell 3m clear sticker that you put on your lower panel to prevent this. I might also look into that

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
I dont have any pics but I'll give you a little tip. My truck is just leveled, with 35X12.5X20. Go to the hardware store and buy about 40 washers, (1/2" I think) and space the front bumper out about a half inch on each bolt, you wont even notice its spaced out and you wont clip the front bumper. Just very mild trimming in the back fender wells
What year is your truck? 2008 on has no problems clearing 35's. Your post seems very random...

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
What's the difference between hub centric and non? I have the stock 20s, how do I know what I have?
Stock wheels are Hub centric meaning the hub is what centers the wheels and takes the load. That's why our lugnuts are not tapered. Some aftermarket wheels are lug centric meaning the lugs center the wheel and take the load.

You are better off not towing or hauling heavy with lug centric wheels. I was in my buddies chevy when he sheared all 6 of his lug studs and the wheel went rolling down the road, while we were stuck in the middle of the road.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Try getting a set of rims with -12 offset and trail grapplers. They don't pick up rocks, they pick up boulders lol. I got a few rock chips but when I pull out of gravel I hop out and pull the rocks out of the tires so it doesn't throw them. I'm trying to fit a set of mud flaps on it and looking at going with dura flap but I have to save up the money first. They also sell 3m clear sticker that you put on your lower panel to prevent this. I might also look into that
i have the big mud flaps allready,but 'm getting rock chips all the way up the passenger door allmost to the window. i see you dont have flares,i like that look. i have a black truck with stainless trim and i love the look but i ve ordered smalle flares and ill see if that works. but i still cant imagine sticking my tires out one inch,id have to get my truck painted every year!!!i will look into the 3m tape though,thanx

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Ya I love the look but pulling out of a job site that has gravel makes me cringe. Since I have been getting out and pulling the rocks, I haven't noticed any new rock chips.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I've never understood why people stick tires out past the fenders when they'll fit perfectly fine under the truck
The same reason people put aftermarket hoods, lights, paint...etc, for it to look better. When ya lift a truck with stock wheel offset it looks funny dont ya think? It wouldn't even matter if I had these wheels on stock rims. They would still pick up rocks and throw them at paint with no mud flaps or fender flares.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
The same reason people put aftermarket hoods, lights, paint...etc, for it to look better. When ya lift a truck with stock wheel offset it looks funny dont ya think? It wouldn't even matter if I had these wheels on stock rims. They would still pick up rocks and throw them at paint with no mud flaps or fender flares.
Lifted trucks do look odd and unstable with stock wheels. But I think what looks even worse is when someone has half the tire sticking out past the flares. There is a happy median in my mind. Flush with the fender flares looks the best, but that just my opinion.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts