Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
california deplorable
11,307 Posts
more than you can imagine is available here
Bio-Diesel/Alternative Fuels and Supplements - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

I intend to build a centerfuge my self but can not find a source for oil anywhere near my location. not giving up but...damn.
restaurants are now SELLING their old oil around here, times are tough all over :rofl:

also we now have a place that is gov subsidized taking alll the oil in the area and charging more for bio than I pay for #2

·
california deplorable
11,307 Posts
all we have are small mom and pop shops. :hehe: and yea I have tried pretty much everybody. it is hard to compete with a multi million dollar operation surviving on grant money hat does not have to even sell to make a profit.
in fact i think the idea is NOT to sell any. and how does waste oil become more expensive than regular nuumber 2...taxes

·
california deplorable
11,307 Posts
thanks man. first i have to flnd a source before i go nuts tryint to build a shed with a centrifuge and heater and filters etc.
I have tried up to 100 miles away so far without success. but walt disney was rejected loans to create disneyland 36 times so i aint givin up :thumb:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was just hoping I might be able to find someone local that may be trying to get up and running or would like someone to help with the process.
I have found myself in a bit of a problem as I have been brewing for a few years to feed my car(VW golf) and have and no problems just using two cone tanks at my parents' house (college student). A new person moved in down the block a couple of months ago and was walking by one day when I was brewing a batch and lost his mind. He said I was going to start everyone's house on the block on fire and blow myself up in the process; fire extinguisher was 3ft way from me at the time.
Long story short even thought the fire marshal said everything I had was good to go, after he was called over by said neighbor, he managed to rally many of the neighbors to his cause and I'm forced to sell or be rid or my equipment.

I do have a few oil connections, I had to stop taking it from a few places as I couldn't make it fast enough to keep up. I also have a Appleseed I'm almost finished with, two 40 gallon cone tanks, a good deal of methanol and a good supply line for KOH.

Hopefully I could help someone out that has the space and the willingness so I can keep my fuel costs low as well as theirs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts