Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done this?? What exactly needs to be done? From what I understand a few companys are doing just that and selling them, what exactly are they changing? Thanks guys

·
Lt. Negativity
1,739 Posts
They are changing the compressor housing, also change the compressor wheel, also matching the compressor and turbine sides. Also takes a certain skill and tools for this, you also have to make sure you balance the wheel or say boom. If you dont build turbo's id advise not doing it ourself unless you have the specs, and tools and knowledge of it. Also they dont last as long anyways

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I think it would be cheaper just to buy the new garret turbo then it would be to do a one off.....I priced out getting one done once by the company that does the NADP turbo's and it was going to be 1400$ and I had to send them a turbo to get that price......IMO not really worth it when you can buy brand new one right from Garret for less than that.

·
Registered
187 Posts
just curious what are the PowerMax turbos goin for right now and where is the cheapest place to get one?

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I have seen prices range from 1200-1400, even 1400 with no core charge is still really cheap IMO.
There are a few vendors on here who sell them.....send a few emails or call around, I am sure you can get a good price.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well as far as reliability is concerned is a ball bearing better? when you say garret are you talking about a ball bearing turbo? Link?? Thanks guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts