Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Didnt see any discussion on this already posted...

Anyone have one of these chinesium 4" intake kits?

Im not doing any extreme mods, just basics - intake, exhaust, tune.

Anything wrong with this kit?

(I cant post a link)

ebay New-Cold-Air-Intake-System-fits-99-03-Ford-F250-F350-Excursuion-7-3L-V8 ---- item 264535691514

Attachments

·
Registered
668 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,563 Posts
I would trust that eBay filter, the 6637 filter kit from Riff Raff with the Donaldson blue or even the regular 6637 filter is the best option for cheap.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Should have mentioned that I know about the 6637.

Since im a noob, I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a glaring issue with the china intake. I see it as an upgrade to the 6637 for the same money.

·
Premium Member
2,563 Posts
I wouldn't call it an upgrade, that filter looks much smaller.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I went for it. For $38 figured id try it.

Im really pleased with the quality of it and the install went just fine. It fits in into the factory box, like the oem top does.

It has a hole for the filter gauge thing, but ill probably plug it. Other than needing a pre filter cover thing id say its pretty decent.

Filter is about 9.5"x5.75"

Attachments

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Just my random thoughts on stuff like this.

Why do people come to a forum looking for advice from people that know more than them, they get the advice they were looking for, then completely IGNORE it.

Just seems odd but I see it over and over, especially on the “Jeep” boards I frequent.

SMDH

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just my random thoughts on stuff like this.

Why do people come to a forum looking for advice from people that know more than them, they get the advice they were looking for, then completely IGNORE it.

Just seems odd but I see it over and over, especially on the “Jeep” boards I frequent.

SMDH
Yea I find it equally interesting when big mouth hot heads walk in with nothing good to say and nothing to do with the thread at all.

I asked for opinions on it, not alternatives to it. Bought it and let everyone know that its pretty decent. Dont see the harm in that.

Your post has no merit in any way, especially technical discussion.

Go back to the jeep forum buddy:wink:

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Yea I find it equally interesting when big mouth hot heads walk in with nothing good to say and nothing to do with the thread at all.

I asked for opinions on it, not alternatives to it. Bought it and let everyone know that its pretty decent. Dont see the harm in that.

Your post has no merit in any way, especially technical discussion.

Go back to the jeep forum buddy:wink:

Should have known it would, but I wasn’t trying to offend you.

The fact that you asked opinions and everyone that gave you one offered an alternative, is pretty clearly a negative consensus of opinion.

One of the most respected members here offered you an alternative that was even less money than what you spent.

It’s your money and your vehicle, do what you want.

It’s very possible that I overreacted but this almost seems disrespectful to those that take the time to respond to your post. I made a simple observation.

Hopefully your purchase serves you well, and maybe you come back with a longer term review of the product.

Good Day Sir.

·
Registered
314 Posts
You need to do some research on the filtering efficiency of that filter. I’d bet it’s not very good. Filtering is the most important part and is why everyone tried to steer you in a better direction.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts