Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about putting a moon visor on my truck. I still can't decide, I like them on some trucks and don't on others. I'm having trouble finding pics of superduty's with visors. If anyone has pics of their truck or any superduty's with the visors I would love to see them to help me make my decision.

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
I HAD one and then had to pay several hundred dollars to take it off, ground off the bracket, sanded/painted...

They can leak, they can squeak, but I like the way they look!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i saw you post with all that hassle and it didn't look fun at all. I'm the same way, I think it might look good and could deal with the problems, just can't decide.

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
I was just searching through my photobucket... seems that I don't have any pics in there of it pre-visor :doh:

my webshots does...

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Yea, i was looking to get one for my dodge. i think they look pretty good, so lets see some pictures.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Maintain that visor looked sweet on your truck!!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the pics Maintain. Did that come with the truck (ford product)? It seems a little rounder or sleeker than some of the others, like the first pic in the TS outlaw pics thread.

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
How SLOW WEBSHOTS is...

Reinforces why I switched to photobucket :doh:

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
It is a factory Ford Visor with a factory SPOT welded on bracket :doh:

Sure, the visor looked good - but it leaked, squeaked, and drove me nuts... it had to go.

Now I have a freshly painted new roof with 5 clear cab lights/chrome bases that match my chrome bumper and clear headlights.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah spot welding it on sounds pretty dumb. If I do one just gonna be a few screws and some silicone. Somethin a little easier to undo

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
i only liked them on the platinum edition but thats just me

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
I have one and have had zero problems with it. I removed it once, but really like the looks of the truck better with it on. I think mine is part of the Western Hauler Package.

NCH

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
I have visors on both of my trucks, they were installed before I bought them. They look nice but kill the mileage.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I used to put Lund Visor on every truck. I think they look slick. I did not notice fuel mileage loss but that was because they were on trucks with 460's and 454 engines :hehe:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts