Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short.... bro in laws truck (2004 f350 6.0) had an KN open air filter system installed when he bought the truck and he over oiled the filter which coated the Mass Air Flow sensor. The filter is very old and damaged and needs to be replaced. He wants to go back to stock air filter so he does not make that mistake again but cant find one anywhere. I called three auto salvage places for him to which they all said "no diesel parts". I contacted ford and they want $397 for new air box and filter. Nothing on ebay or craigslist. So I thought maybe someone here might have their old OEM air box tucked away somewhere that they may want to sell or might have some other idea. Money for him is limited but I was also thinking of maybe some other dry or non oiled air filter that may work for his current set up. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Keep bumpin' it, one will turn up. Mine's still on my truck.:dunno:

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have an 06 and 07. To be honest dont know what is under the hood but the 07 has some filter or intake. I will take a look this weekend when i get back over to the truck. Have you guys looked into getting a dry filter to go in place of the k&n oil filter?

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
I think S&B makes a replacement filter for the K&N! :thumb:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I have an 06 and 07. To be honest dont know what is under the hood but the 07 has some filter or intake. I will take a look this weekend when i get back over to the truck. Have you guys looked into getting a dry filter to go in place of the k&n oil filter?
I did mention to him there are dry performance filters available but not sure of which (if any) were compatible with the KN intake. I am not familiar with any of them. Was the air box ever redesigned for the 6 liter? I am thinking that all the 6.0 liter motor years are compatable...

the system in his truck is an open air box design so all the air that is drawn in the intake is taken from the engine compartment.... which means it is hot air. That is part ofthe reason why he wants to go back to the stock air box so that it draws air from the front of the truck.....

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a '06 PSD... I still have the OEM filter assembly in my garage. But I wouldn't now what to ask for it either... Make me an offer?

·
Registered
19 Posts
add me to the list. i have a oem system off my 2007. make an offer for it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got an air box from someone on this site and everything worked great!! Thanks to all for your offers!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts