Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
starting mine tomorrow. leaving the cab on, taking pics as i go, and doing it in the driveway, to help others. never done it before so i will be a rookie just like others. it will be a great learning experience for me as well as others who decide to tackle this job.
clarence

·
Registered
58 Posts
starting mine tomorrow. leaving the cab on, taking pics as i go, and doing it in the driveway, to help others. never done it before so i will be a rookie just like others. it will be a great learning experience for me as well as others who decide to tackle this job.
clarence
If you're not lifting the cab then are you pulling the motor? I had Head studs put on my 05 PS and they pulled the motor.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My buddy Burndown Burton to those NMRA fans is a powerstroke mechanic and he say the easy way is to pull the cab you can have the cab off in 2hrs of course like i said he is a a pwerstoke mechanic and has had alot of practice.

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
yes you can pull the cab and that is what i would do if i had a lift. unfourtunately, i dont. and i dont have access to a motor hoist either so i will do them witht the cab on and motor in and in my driveway. it can be done with a little massaging. i will take the pics and post them when i get there.

clarence

·
Registered
295 Posts
clarence, good luck and I hope everything goes smoothly. I had my truck in the shop the other day and was asking the dealer how much it was and he asked if i wanted to finance it... cant wait to see how it goes!

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
yeah i priced it out as well as my warranty is up at the end of the month. 3000-3500 plus the headstuds. as it is i found the studs at a very good price as well as the gasket kit ( provided it is the right one ) and am making my own egr delete kit. i just didn't want to get stuck on the side of the road with the gaskets out and be at the mercy of the dealer and have to pay.
oh well, we will see if it runs after im done with it!!!:doh:
clarence

·
Premium Member
8,515 Posts
Good Luck! We did our own but we pulled the motor both times. I do know there was a guy on another forum who did his with the motor still in the truck, so it can be done. Take lots of pics as you go and just take your time and get you a box for parts and pieces.

·
Registered
70 Posts
How did this go?

·
Registered
260 Posts
It is not worth it. Too much stuff gets f***** up and it is nearly impossible to assure proper/even torque on the studs. Pull the cab.

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
Bullet proof diesel has a list of approved shops for installing their products. Give them a call or go to their site online.

Reactions: ZMANN
1 - 13 of 13 Posts