Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wondering if anyone had broken anything or had any issues with the spartan or H&S on a 6.4???

·
Registered
795 Posts
No problems here! havent been tuned as long as quite a few people here though almost 5000 miles though

·
Registered
570 Posts
Spartan tuned 30,000 out of 36,000 problem free miles.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Either one of those tunes are good. You just have to decide on which one you want

·
Registered
60 Posts
8k XRT Pro tuned....only regret not doing it earlier

·
Served Our Country!
1,414 Posts
H&S mini maxx... enjoying the free tunes and zero issues!~

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for all your help!

do any of yall drive fast or race using them???

·
Served Our Country!
1,414 Posts
Its not my Cobra but sometimes I drive it like it is... still need traction bars though.. lol

·
Registered
58 Posts
40000 kms tuned, nothing broken, running awesome! Wish it came like this!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
25k on H&S and running hot tunes. No issues that were cause by the tunner or tunes. Now maybe some issues with the driver :woot: Ha! I have had both and i cant say anything negative about either. Both are great products! :icon_ford:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks guys

if i get either one and i drive hard or whatver and somthing is to break what usally is the stuff that breaks???

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
the first thing that will prolly go in these trucks will be the tranny. You would have to be running 300+ tune to tear it though. I have 275 on my spartan and i have raced it a few times and my tranny is still good to go. Also i have alot of miles on mine. If you dont plan on racing it and you can keep your foot off the gas for the most part you will be just fine with no issue's

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks

ok sounds good thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
The only issues I've heard regarding any of these higher tunes has been related to the Trans or the stock flash getting corrupt and not reinstalling. The trans was from users that were at the track allot, the normal people haven't had that problem. The flash could have been from the DD getting too hot or something else.

All in all, doesn't sound like too many major issues.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks

how many times a day do you have to be at wot to break somthing

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Unfortunately, there's no exact answer. Technically, you could break something the first time you get on it. Is it likely to happen? No, but it still could. Chances are, if you only got on it once in a while, your likely to never have an issue and it will run better then stock for many years/miles.

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
Had over 40,000 miles on my first 6.4, it had a variety of beta test tunes back in the day and as for the things that broke, well it was my own fault, pushing the truck past its limits. I look at it a lot like using nitrous, if the set up is correct, pill size, timing, fuel, etc, etc.....then more times then not you're going to be fine, but don't kid yourself, you're almost doubling the power output of this truck, making it that much easier to "break" something.........just use your head and you'll be fine :thumb:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks guys

to "smotrs" i see you dont have the spartan do you like what you have better??

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
to "smotrs" i see you dont have the spartan do you like what you have better??
Mind you, it doesn't have as much power as Spartan and the Mileage isn't as high because the DPF is still in place. But for what it does and what I've gotten out of it, yes, I'm very happy with how it performs. Power is very noticeable, definitely puts you back in your seat compared to stock. Mileage is better then stock and I've noticed no increase in the amount it regens, mine regens every 400-500 miles.

Also, since the tuner is CARB legal, I won't get hassled by anyone but the dealers, but I just remove it (15min uninstall) prior to a dealer visit.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts