Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about swapping out my stock injectors for Beans Stage I or stage II injectors... anyone running these?

·
Ole White
5,253 Posts
A buddy of mine had some Stage I's in his OBS from Beans and he liked them and had no problems yet a DIY KIT would save you a good amount of money over the Beans

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you know what the DIY's are rated at? I'm kinda lost when it comes to good injectors.... i keep hearing opposite things about certain ones. I need someone to guide me! haha, I need some that will work well with my DP tuner

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
There are plenty of people running beans injectors. Full force diesel is the company that make the injectors that bean sells. I think it's up to you if you go with beans, or DIY. With beans injectors you get a professional built product that is a flow matched set. With DIY you get great customer service, and save some money, but you don't really know how closely matched to one other the injectors are. Good luck with your mods.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info about the DIY. Ya, I'd really like a perfectly matched set! haha

·
Registered
511 Posts
totaldieselperformance.comWildman Tuning

Tony sells the same injectors Bean does. I prefer to get mine flowed and tested versus doing them myself. Many people have done the DIY with luck though.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya i think i'm gonna go with some non-DIY injectors. don't want to risk it LOL :D

·
Registered
203 Posts
Ive got the stage II's from beans and i like them a lot. No problems with them either yet.

·
Registered
233 Posts
This is from DPP who sells the DIY injectors from Rosewood:

"All of our RDS Injectors are now test benched before they are
shipped out to any of our customers.
We now have LARGER 7 hole Power Stroke nozzles on all of our RDS Stage 2
and larger injectors and in our Stage 2 and larger DIY Kits."

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Test benched means they know they will fire. Doesn't tell you if they are matched to one another AFAIK.

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
Diy is a good idea, But I would Highly recommend Beans injectors....

L

·
0 Posts
Bean sells good injectors, ive always had great luck with them and they always perform well!

·
Registered
103 Posts
FWIW I have the DIY injectors and could not be happier. A flow matched set would be nice but for the money I don't know that it's worth it. Think of it this way. If a truck goes back to Ford for warranty work and has to have only one or two injectors changes they are not going to make sure it is a flow matched set. For me it came down to a cost issue after that and I could not afford the set of injectors that was twice as much.

·
Registered
511 Posts
FWIW I have the DIY injectors and could not be happier. A flow matched set would be nice but for the money I don't know that it's worth it. Think of it this way. If a truck goes back to Ford for warranty work and has to have only one or two injectors changes they are not going to make sure it is a flow matched set. For me it came down to a cost issue after that and I could not afford the set of injectors that was twice as much.
Not everyone has had great results with DIY or buying them built & flowed from one of the many companies.

If you depend on your truck for a daily driver or for work it make more sense to have them built and tested then doing it yourself. The bonus of having them flowed is to have them balanced so one injector doesn't flow 167cc's and another flow 159cc's.

L

·
0 Posts
balancing injectors is about as important as balancing an engine when you start adding mods. My balanced engine w/ balanced inj is silky smooth- barely a ripple in the water bottle in the cup holder ....

·
Registered
419 Posts
Test benched means they know they will fire. Doesn't tell you if they are matched to one another AFAIK.
Exactly.
I do not have the ability to flow match injectors yet, but I'm getting very close.
If that level of quality is what you're after, give BDP a ring, you won't be dissapointed.
:thumb:

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Good to hear Jim. Like I said, excellent customer service with DIY injectors.

·
Registered
233 Posts
How close are you to having the ability to flow match injectors, Jim?

·
Registered
419 Posts
I expect to have my test bench fully converted to flow capabilities within the next week or so. Just got to put all the pieces together.
Then I figure a couple of weeks of flow testing to fine tune how to use it effectively.
So realistically I should be able to flow in about a month if all goes well.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts