Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the tan dash and interior and i want to get the special paint and turn it black.

does anyone have pictures? i want to see how its going to look before i go ahead and do it

·
Registered
797 Posts
I have been thinking the exact same thing. I've heard the SEM products are great. There's a member on here who did it. I'll see if I can find the link sometime.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i cant wait till he gets done. it looks good already!

·
Registered
466 Posts
I did the radio bezel/part that has the vents in it in black - my grey one was cracked when I bought the truck and all i could find at the wrecker was tan. Rather than try to match the grey I just decided to go with black. I used the Krylon Fusion paint (for plastic) in a semi-gloss. It matches all the black in the door handles and the inside of the mirror covers perfectly. Granted, some of it has worn off (it's my work truck), but it isn't flaking at all (which means I should have done another coat, because I only did one). Its only worn through where I always am reaching up to the dash to change my Sirius radio.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Would you happen to have any pictures?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a lariat with tan interior. WhT I did was take my vents out, and taped off the squares that hold the 4x4 switch and passanger air bag. Left that stuff tan. Looks great

·
Registered
466 Posts
I can get some here in a bit - it isn't clean by any means (I drive on a lot of dusty oil field roads), but it'd give the general idea at least. It looks right at home in there, as if it were like that from the factory.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:D
I can get some here in a bit - it isn't clean by any means (I drive on a lot of dusty oil field roads), but it'd give the general idea at least. It looks right at home in there, as if it were like that from the factory.

That'll be cool. No matter how hard i look i cant find one picture f what it would look like

1 - 11 of 11 Posts