Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Thanks for posting up the link. That guy has alot of good informative videos.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for posting up the link. That guy has alot of good informative videos.

he has so so so many i haven't got threw all of them yet. I never thought about sucking the oil out from the top of the engine before. I know i'm doing that the next time i change my oil

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts
thanks for sharing! anybody else never change their top end oil either?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I didn't know about changing that oil either. Just one more thing I need to do this weekend when I change my oil.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
very interesting, great find

·
Registered
854 Posts
I watched some of his vids last weekend.... Very informative, plus he sounds like a good ol' boy "by God!"

:thumb:

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
subscribing

·
Registered
108 Posts
I sure agree that he is a good guy and certainly he knows more than me, but is this really necessary? Isn't this hpop oil regularly circulated with crankcase oil by the oil pump anyway, making it all instantaneously pretty much the same oil as below??

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
wow seems like alot of good info

·
Rice Hunter
4,036 Posts
Most Informative!! Wow........an hour just flew by...lol
Thanks for a great find!!

·
Registered
263 Posts
I sure agree that he is a good guy and certainly he knows more than me, but is this really necessary? Isn't this hpop oil regularly circulated with crankcase oil by the oil pump anyway, making it all instantaneously pretty much the same oil as below??

Ya know I thought the same thing til he showed the black tar like crap he sucked out.

I think alot of us are going to find out this weekend, eh?

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts
:hehe:
Ya know I thought the same thing til he showed the black tar like crap he sucked out.

for sure. i'll be lookin around for a mayo jar and a pump:hehe::rofl:

·
Registered
2,412 Posts

My mind says that if the oil in the res on top can change out in 5 minutes of idling then what about when i am driving on the freeway for an hour at 2k rpm? isnt that oil leaving the res, going past the injectors and then back into the pan to follow that path again? its not like the oil starts in the res, fires the injectors then returns to the res. maybe i am missing something.

and yes i agree with you gas, we will all findout this weekend ! haha

1 - 18 of 18 Posts