Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had complained after purchasing my truck about hard shifting from 2nd to 3rd and 4th to 5th. They had reflashed my truck once (with the same flash), hoping it just needed to relearn my driving. I figured that wouldn't work and it didn't.

About a month later I got a letter from Ford letting me know that a new PCM/ECU flash had been released to fix reports of hard shifting. I finally got around to getting the flash done (while getting my free oil change) and after picking up the truck, the shifting seems great. All fixed so far.

However, I no longer have the gear #'s on the right side of the center display screen. WTF? The 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 are gone. I no longer can see what gear I'm in. Has anyone else had this happen? Is there a way to reenable that?

·
Super Moderator
13,238 Posts
I had it re flashed for hard shifting, it also fixed the "hunting" it did while doing in town driving.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I just bought my truck 3 weeks ago. It has a build date of 3/11 and was wondering if this update was released after that and if so do the dealers check for any and all updates before selling them? Mine seems to shift hard from 2nd to 3rd and every now and then it rev's like its in neutral for a split second on some shifts. Thanks for the info guys!

·
Registered
424 Posts
I've had the same issues. And today as I was moderately accelerating on the highway when it shifted 3-4 I lost all power and then it shifted to 5. No power and then to 6. No power. Had to put the truck in M and manually shift it back to 4 to gain speed n power. And after that it was all good for the rest of my 80km drive to work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts