Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone changed out their center console to a newer style? I've never been crazy about the one in my truck and just curious if one would swap in without major work. If you have, any pointers on do's and don'ts are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
971 Posts
It's not bad without the armrests because the 08-10 consoles sit much higher so your arm will rest on the console instead the flip down armrest.

·
Registered
83 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
my billet blocks are in this thread and some pics of some other persons install

08 console conversion - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

NICE!!! So it feels at the right height for your arm to lay on? I like that look and miss having a floor console. I am so tired of these center jump seats. No enough room to store stuff.

Thanks for the pictures Zmann!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rollincole

·
Registered
29 Posts
I know this is a very old thread but i cant find an answer to this question. When putting in the 08-10 center console do i need to install the 2 large brackets on the bottom, into my 07 ? Or will i just be able to swap console without 08-10 brackets? i havent pulled mine out yet so just want to make sure i have everything i need. Thank you in advance!

·
Premium Member
2,871 Posts
You'll need the brackets

·
Premium Member
2,871 Posts
I removed both of mine but you could probably get by with just removing the inner bolts and loosening up the outer bolts
I had years of french frys to remove anyway

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
I removed both of mine but you could probably get by with just removing the inner bolts and loosening up the outer bolts
I had years of french frys to remove anyway

HAHA! ok appreciate it, ill try that first before removing the seat.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Does this 08 console have a charging port? I see what appears to be one on the back of the console, and I imagine there's be one for the front also. I've been thinking about how to put a charhing port in for the rear seats.

·
Premium Member
2,871 Posts
One on the back and one inside at the front

·
Registered
4,026 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,871 Posts
I recessed a 5 port Anker USB charge port into mine in the front of the console facing down towards the front crap tray

1 - 20 of 21 Posts