Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some searching, but only one result, and did not answer my question.

Has anybody used ficmrepair.com and how was the service? It is far cheaper than the Swamps or other option, and I am really not interested in a 58v unit.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you used them?

I am looking for someplace that somebody else has used and has had a good experience with. I do not have the time or money to experiment right now, sadly, and I feel like the Innovative/Swamps units are a bit too pricey for what is being done. And honestly, I am extremely unimpressed with Innovative's turn around time, and have zero experience with Swamps, other than what people have said, which all seems to be good.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Have you checked the classifieds? I think there was a 48v on psn. Innovative has always been great to me, but I live a half hour away.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I think I answered my own question. I emailed [email protected] right before I posted, and I just got a call back from Ed with them, and he was extremely knowledgeable on the 6.0 and all of its lovely little issues. He explained his process to me and turn around time. He said it is a small family run business and they are on vacation till the end of the month, so turn around time is delayed right now. But long story short, he knew what he was talking about and I love when people actually call me back (unlike certain other larger vendors). This is why I went with Matt @ Gearhead and his SRL tune, he was quick to call me back and did not rush me or be short with me like other tuners were.

·
Compression Ignition Addict
7,081 Posts
I have used FICMrepair.com, and I have talked w/ Ed. I too found him very knowledgeable and he does great work. Very pleased! Actually several of us on FTE have used him and were pleased.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I'm seeing a slightly more than 2 MPG increase since installing the Swamps 58v FICM with the mild performance tune. My truck is running great so I would highly recommend it if you can swing the extra cash. BTW I had no issues with their response to my questions.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have used FICMrepair.com, and I have talked w/ Ed. I too found him very knowledgeable and he does great work. Very pleased! Actually several of us on FTE have used him and were pleased.
Awesome, glad to hear. I will for sure be using him.

These days anybody who takes the time to actually call me back is so refreshing, and when they actually know what they are talking about, I have to pinch myself to make sure its real.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Swamps does have a no questions asked 1 year warranty on their ficms and they do make a 48 volt if you REALLY want it. I sent mine back and they even footed the return shipping bill.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts