Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my dad's 00 7.3 got treated to some single shot injectors a couple years ago and a TS chip everything was great until a few months ago I rode in it with him and noticed the revs were way too high at highway speed. after some testing around with things we've determined the TC is not locking up and after removing the chip the TC will lock up like normal. I don't know if that is a program glitch or a bad chip. we have already replaced the tranny and TC with rebuilt units and sent the PCM off to be rebuilt and still no lockup with the chip

we've reached out to tony Wildman and a few others via email and phone for assistance and gotten no response. are there any good 7.3 tuners around???

·
Hate stupid people
8,517 Posts
I ran Tony Wildman for along time back in my 7.3 days. sometimes he's a challenge to get ahold of as TDP isn't his full time job, but his stuff is worth waiting for.

also try GearHead tunes from Beans or Irate diesel.

most people have switched over to the Hydra platform. the biggest novelty to it vs. TS is that it handles more tunes.

but considering it's your dads truck and he's probably just looking for something to run right with little effort, i'd say the TS route is the way to go, reach out again to whoever you've tried and maybe contact either one above

·
Registered
69 Posts
most people have switched over to the Hydra platform. the biggest novelty to it vs. TS is that it handles more tunes.

but considering it's your dads truck and he's probably just looking for something to run right with little effort, i'd say the TS route is the way to go, reach out again to whoever you've tried and maybe contact either one above
The "novelty" (its much more than that), is that you do not have to remove the chip to get new/updated tunes put on it or rearrange the order. You just plug up a laptop and click about 5 times and its done. Quantam leap over uninstalling your chip and mailing it off and waiting multiple weeks with your truck down.

Reactions: 7.3_TurboDiesel

·
Hate stupid people
8,517 Posts
its not a new concept. I used a chip burner 10 years ago to receive/load tunes.
but its a popular route now for simplicity

·
Registered
636 Posts
I just bought a hydra chip a few weeks ago, I was debating getting a hydra & custom tunes or have tunes burned on my TS. As I was debating every major tuning website pulled the TS options off their websites so I just bit the bullet and did the hydra. Support for TS will only get worse, the hydra is the future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts