Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May be in market for a 6.7 truck. Any years or certain things I need know? Stay away from? I would assume all pretty good. Hoping find 45-70 k miles truck.

·
Registered
2000 F-350 4x4 w/ ZF6 trans
302 Posts
15-16 if you can swing it. I personally have a 12 with old turbo and 214k on the clock. Truck still runs well. Most people will agree the 6.7 is a great engine. Hell it’s been in production for ford for over 10 years now. That says something in my book….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Drunk Post Extraordinair
1,423 Posts
How about duarbility of motor or drivetrain? Not worried about more power.
The turbo was a problem in the very early trucks, hence the upgrade. There also was a glow plug breakage problem but they have been sorted out by now. Motor and drivetrain are solid in all years.

·
Premium Member
12,623 Posts
2015-2016 for the upgrades during that body style/model years.
2020+ for the motor internals and transmission changes for that body style/model years.

BTW I'm not speaking just to HP/TQ.....yes, those were improved as a result of the above mentioned changes.

·
Registered
2010 F350 6.4 stock and a Ranch Hand Bumper, 2021 F450 6.7 stock and and Ranch Hand Bumper
209 Posts
Body's are crap on the Covid assembled ones I E 2020 and newer. Rust, corrosion, blown shocks, leaking seals, badly aligned body panels. The newest I'd get is a mid year 2019. After that the Kentucky union said ti he'll with quality and started turning out crap.
Unless you don't mind the issues I've mentioned. The trans is nice empty, downhill it sucks loaded ( it won't keep the rpms up for the exhaust brake), the motor has decent power. My turned up 6.4 will wax it in a race though.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Body's are crap on the Covid assembled ones I E 2020 and newer. Rust, corrosion, blown shocks, leaking seals, badly aligned body panels. The newest I'd get is a mid year 2019. After that the Kentucky union said ti he'll with quality and started turning out crap.
Unless you don't mind the issues I've mentioned. The trans is nice empty, downhill it sucks loaded ( it won't keep the rpms up for the exhaust brake), the motor has decent power. My turned up 6.4 will wax it in a race though.
Dang Dustin you sound really unhappy with your truck. Seen a few replies in different threads....

·
Registered
2010 F350 6.4 stock and a Ranch Hand Bumper, 2021 F450 6.7 stock and and Ranch Hand Bumper
209 Posts
Spending over $80,000 will do that to a person. My mistake was paying it off. If I only paid $30,000, I wouldn't be so torn up about it. Had I known I'd be buying an $80,000 rusty, truck with issues that the dealers refuse to fix right from the start, I'd have just saved the coin. I understand things happen, that is life, it is how Ford and their dealers handle the problems. The dealers around Waco....50 mile radius and Ford helped me decide to NEVER buy another Ford again. I've driven Fords since I was 12 years old...so 6 vehicles in 24 years. We have a KIa car, costs maybe $31,000 new, 4 years old now (2017) and zero issues. If Koreans can build good vehicles for $31,000, why can't Ford build its staple to be good without little questioning quality control for $49,000 more?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Spending over $80,000 will do that to a person. My mistake was paying it off. If I only paid $30,000, I wouldn't be so torn up about it. Had I known I'd be buying an $80,000 rusty, truck with issues that the dealers refuse to fix right from the start, I'd have just saved the coin. I understand things happen, that is life, it is how Ford and their dealers handle the problems. The dealers around Waco....50 mile radius and Ford helped me decide to NEVER buy another Ford again. I've driven Fords since I was 12 years old...so 6 vehicles in 24 years. We have a KIa car, costs maybe $31,000 new, 4 years old now (2017) and zero issues. If Koreans can build good vehicles for $31,000, why can't Ford build its staple to be good without little questioning quality control for $49,000 more?
I hear you 80k is a lot of money! Sucks the dealer is leaving you high and dry

1 - 13 of 13 Posts