Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if there is any way you can disable most (or any) of the interior lights when the doors are open? There's like 15 lights in these beasts! :dunno:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ya, take out the bulbs...

·
Registered
175 Posts
That would be kinda nice. When we are camping we usually leave the dry food in the back of the truck and just leave the barn doors open. The lights do eventually go out but it takes quite awhile. And, if someone opens another door to get something the wait starts all over again.
In my work truck I just disconnected the door button thingie (technical term).

·
Registered
60 Posts
Have been wondering the same thing. Been at the drive-in backed up with the barn door open, and everyone is wondering when I'm gonna finally decide to turn off all 25 of my lights so they can enjoy the movie. Takes 20 mins to turn off, then one of the kids opens up a door to get their something-or-other and we have just made a bunch more friends with the folks around us who have to be blinded by our lights!

·
Banned
3,780 Posts
Using the dimmer switch can't you turn them off by turning them on and then off with that?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can't use the dimmer on mine either. Went to a car show and couldn't sit in the cargo area because it would have killed the batteries. :doh:

I'll probably just end up pulling most of the bulbs and doing a LED swap on the ones I leave.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had to wire in a switch. Turns off lights, windows, and interior window switch lights. I them off one day and forgot about it and checked all the fuses to see why my windows didn't roll down.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Which fuse controls the interior lights? I don't see it specifically listed on the fuse list of the owner's manual? I too went to the drive in, got all comfortable in the back cargo area only to the damn interior lights stay on...UGH:mad:

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Why not just put a toggle switch in line to disable the light(S) you want to turn off? Snip the ground, so there's no load on the switch and you can use any switch you want.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
Can't use Forscan to enable Dark Mode?

·
Administrator
23,549 Posts
I wish you 'pull the fuse' characters would say the fuse # or read the manual that doesn't say the fuse #.
This guy bumps a 7 year old thread with no useful info.

Try google.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts