Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really am not feeling the stock filter back setup. Can anyone provide input on like the MBRP Filter Back setup with the single 5" Outlet. Also Pics would be great too.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thank you, does look much better..... Do you know if Ford even has an option to void a warranty if you change just the filter back? It's not increasing HP or changing any other features of the truck.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Nothing I've ever heard of. We have Ford dealers that install our DPF back exhausts all the time on the lots so I doubt it. My dealer works on my truck fully modified.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Not to step on anyone's toes that has/sells MBRP, but I figured I'd post a pic of my Banks DPF back exhaust.

Also, no way no how will a DPF back void any part of your warranty. It's purely aesthetic with NO change to performance or how the truck runs. On top of that, my truck is at the dealer as we speak having the transmission valve body replaced (hesitates in 3rd gear). The DPF back, lift, and all are installed on the truck. If anything the dealer compliments on all of it.

VS when it was all stock

That being said, while I do love how the Banks kit looks on the truck, I might be more apt to choose MBRP the 2nd time around, only because they seem more involved in the community. Just sayin.. I will however go with the MBRP DPF delete when and IF I ever go with a programmer and delete pipe.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks very clean. The more the choices the better. I am not going outrageous with this truck so just looking for anything clean.

·
Registered
691 Posts
JsnMR2,Thats a Nice looking Ferd :~)

Got any Pic's from the side so we can see the wheels and Spacing on the Lift?

maybe from the Exhaust side LOL For the OP....

Looks Clean!

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Excuse the dirty truck, and poor quality cell phone pics but I just installed the same kit as Jesse along with a 6" Black Tip. The kit is really nice, installs super easy, took me less than an hour with just hand tools and laying on my back.

One thing that I really like is that the tip is tucked nice and close to the body. I dont like a big gap between the fender and tip.

·
Registered
189 Posts
That 5'' tip looks killer!!! Did that come with the exhaust kit? If so, whats the part number for that? Looks really good...

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Its a 6" tip actually. Dont know the part number, ill have to look it up. You have to order it separate from the kit.

·
Registered
189 Posts
6" Exhaust tip

Cool, thanks for the heads up. Don't worry about the part number i found it browsing online. Thanks again

·
Registered
70 Posts
Not to step on anyone's toes that has/sells MBRP, but I figured I'd post a pic of my Banks DPF back exhaust.

Also, no way no how will a DPF back void any part of your warranty. It's purely aesthetic with NO change to performance or how the truck runs. On top of that, my truck is at the dealer as we speak having the transmission valve body replaced (hesitates in 3rd gear). The DPF back, lift, and all are installed on the truck. If anything the dealer compliments on all of it.

VS when it was all stock

That being said, while I do love how the Banks kit looks on the truck, I might be more apt to choose MBRP the 2nd time around, only because they seem more involved in the community. Just sayin.. I will however go with the MBRP DPF delete when and IF I ever go with a programmer and delete pipe.
Nice Truck! Does it makes a lot of noise?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Nice Truck! Does it makes a lot of noise?
Noise? lol no I wish, still as quiet as it was from the factory.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
1 - 20 of 46 Posts