Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i was wondering if anyone has used the sky manufacturing leveling kit? also the trac bar, I have a drop bracket on my truck right now with stock trac bar at 8" of lift....Im adding the leveling kit, crossover and adjustable trac bar, but would this trac bar work with a 10" lift...or possibly 12" lift....depends on which hangers I get.

·
Premium Member
2,276 Posts
With crossover steering you need to relocate the trac bar from outside the engine crossmember to inside the engine cross member. The lower mount gets moved to the top of the passenger side leaf pack. And the bar is longer than a normal adjustable trac bar.

Basically, you need Icon's Large Box kit for crossover steering:
Icon Vehicle Dynamics Late 1999-2004 FSD 10.5"-12.5" Box Kit - Front Suspension Box Kit - Truck Toyz Store

Using your 8" style mounts with crossover steering will result in bumpsteer.

·
Premium Member
2,276 Posts
thanks DC, but I was more asking about the hangers/shackles...I was already ordering the icon crossover kit
No experience with their hanger and shackles......I was commenting on the trac bar, not the crossover steering.

It's a completely different trac bar setup with crossover steering vs. without crossover steering.

hey guys i was wondering if anyone has used the sky manufacturing leveling kit? also the trac bar, I have a drop bracket on my truck right now with stock trac bar at 8" of lift....Im adding the leveling kit, crossover and adjustable trac bar, but would this trac bar work with a 10" lift...or possibly 12" lift....depends on which hangers I get.

·
Banned
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well Im going to be dealing with the trac bar more than the hangers/shackles. my wife just bought me 10 inch springs instead of a hanger/shackle for it.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I have their 4.5" lift shackles for the rear of my 06 and the quality is very nice. I haven't installed them yet but I plan to soon.

·
Banned
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went with springs over the lift because the springs are local and I picked them up cheaper than I could get skys 2 inch leveling shackles. and my front springs are starting to sag now so I want them replaced....what better than to replace them with than more lift. lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts