Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure where to post this, but since the 6.4's are the only powerstrokes with the DOC/DPF I thought I might get the best response here. Does anyone have any info on urea injection instead of the exhaust filter? Has the EPA approved any such devises? I also heard it would help mileage, is this true beyond what removing the exhaust filter does? :dunno:

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
I wouldnt think your going to get "great" fuel mileage from anything other than a delete pipe and tuner. It might help, but everytime your truck goes into regen its going to kill it

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I am not supper familiar with urea injection, but i have a family friend that is a sales person for CAT and he said that cat uses urea injection on the heavy equipment for epa compliance and that fuel economy actually went up on there machines:thumb:

·
Premium Member
2,039 Posts
I am not supper familiar with urea injection, but i have a family friend that is a sales person for CAT and he said that cat uses urea injection on the heavy equipment for epa compliance and that fuel economy actually went up on there machines:thumb:
UREA is a great system I actually think the Scorpion will have a chance to make killer power even with the DPF/UREA system in-tact without affecting economy. You may need to install a 100 gallon UREA tank but hey its worth a shot! :hehe:

·
Registered
957 Posts
I'm not sure where to post this, but since the 6.4's are the only powerstrokes with the DOC/DPF I thought I might get the best response here. Does anyone have any info on urea injection instead of the exhaust filter? Has the EPA approved any such devises? I also heard it would help mileage, is this true beyond what removing the exhaust filter does? :dunno:

Unfortunatly at this time there is no EPA approved add-on device in which you can "replace" your DPF. Ford seems to be headed in the right direction in requesting that the OIL COMPANIES CLEAN UP OUR NATIONS DIESEL FUEL SUPPLY!!!! This in itself will do more to reduce particulate count when coupled with improved fuel strategy. :nod:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts