Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so once again uncle sam has volunteered to send me free of charge on another no more than 400 day vacation, this time to afghanistan. Anyone planning a gtg before I leave this time next month? I'd like to touch bases with some org members and get some PSD owners feedback on my new rig.

· Premium Member
18,522 Posts
If we can get enough takers, i'll host a wrenchin party at my house...I need to do an EGR delete on the 6.4 :D Maybe smoke a beer butt chicken...

· Premium Member
5,102 Posts
If we can get enough takers, i'll host a wrenchin party at my house...I need to do an EGR delete on the 6.4 :D Maybe smoke a beer butt chicken...
That sounds good to me :thumb:

Speaking of G2G's, you guys are going to be on your own this summer. Im going to be in South Dakota from May to August.
As of this summer I will be Ensign Fowler :D

· Premium Member
5,102 Posts
Ensign? Something you want to share?
^^^:popcorn2:
nope :hehe:
I dont really want to go into detail right now, because its not set in stone yet, I will fill everybody in once I get my travel orders.

I will give yall a little info though... I had an interview with the United States Public Health Service today for their COSTEP program.
From what they said, Im going to start looking for an apartment in South Dakota :nod:
From what I have heard, these programs usually turn into a job, if that happens I will be commissioned as a LTJG

btw: Granny, I was pretty close to your house the other day. My mom just moved to Van Buren

· Premium Member
18,522 Posts
I dont really want to go into detail right now, because its not set in stone yet, I will fill everybody in once I get my travel orders.

I will give yall a little info though... I had an interview with the United States Public Health Service today for their COSTEP program.
From what they said, Im going to start looking for an apartment in South Dakota :nod:
From what I have heard, these programs usually turn into a job, if that happens I will be commissioned as a LTJG

btw: Granny, I was pretty close to your house the other day. My mom just moved to Van Buren
I don't know what these mean.:crazy:

· Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
COSTEP= Commissioned Officer Student Training and Extern Program
LTJG= Leutinent Junior Grade (O-2) It is equivalent to a GS-9
same a 1st lieutenant in the Army/Marines/Air Force

· Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
26th of next month

· Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sounds good to me. I love wrenchin' on trucks

· Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well lets get a date figured out
Im going on a pheasant hunt this weekend, and Im going to be wrenching on the Vdub next weekend.
As far as I know, I should be fine with any other weekend
works for me, I am tied up this weekend as well. Got gun show to go to in the city on sunday.

· Premium Member
2017 F-150 with all the goodies
8,633 Posts

Well, I am not too sure what to make of this. :dunno: I will have to think on this a bit. I guess if it all works out for you, I will be happy for you.

In Van Buren? Hell, that is just down the road and around the corner from me! If you are here anytime soon, I expect to hear from you! :nod:

· Premium Member
18,522 Posts
And I don't have the delete kit bought yet... Gotta do delete and heads on the "whistler" (6.0) also and thats going to run me about 3 large.

· Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
And I don't have the delete kit bought yet... Gotta do delete and heads on the "whistler" (6.0) also and thats going to run me about 3 large.
Ouch. why ya call it the whistler? It have a 03 turbo on it?

· Premium Member
5,102 Posts
Well, I am not too sure what to make of this. :dunno: I will have to think on this a bit. I guess if it all works out for you, I will be happy for you.

In Van Buren? Hell, that is just down the road and around the corner from me! If you are here anytime soon, I expect to hear from you! :nod:
Thanks! I will probably be back up there in a few weeks, I will send you a pm before I go.

Ouch. why ya call it the whistler? It have a 03 turbo on it?
He does have an 03 but, I think the whistle he is talking about is coming from his degas bottle :doh:.
Clay, you planning on just tearing it down in the truck or pulling the cab off?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.