Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Efftrucker said:
G'day all,

I'm an Aussie, currently on the east coast (subject to change without notice) and I came across this forum after seeing a link on the Bushtracker Owners Group (BOG) forum. My background is in health care, so I am looking to learn what I can about my F250 4x4 that I use to tow our home - a 21' Bushtracker Caravan. Mostly I am limited by the overall length of the rig, but pretty much anywhere the truck will go the caravan will follow and be there as a comfortable home at the end of the day (away from the flies, and with all the creature comforts we need).

I guess all up we would be pulling about 6 tons when we are on the road. A couple of motor bikes fit snugly under the canopy on the back of the truck and the 'van would be about 3.5 ton with full water tanks and our personal stuff inside. It rides beuatifully on rough roads - and there are plenty of those in outback Australia - and the F250 pulls it without much in the way of effort. The vehicle is standard aside from the addition of a bull bar (essential for those 'roos that want the road at the same time and place as we are travelling), the canopy over the tray and of course the tow hitch. So far we have travelled jut over 80,000 km in the 2 and a bit years since we bought the truck and about a third of that would be with the caravan in tow - pretty much right round Australia (soo much more to see).

I have read some about transmission coolers and would like to know more about how important they are. The ride has been great, but should I be looking at some alternatives in suspension with the heavier load? Recently, of course, the rise in fuel costs has had me looking at what alternatives there may be in fuel. I'd be interested in any feedback from other owners about how to do things bettter.

Cheers. Happy truckin
Hello EffTrucker.... A word of Help:thumb: Look, this part of the the PSD Forum is really more just social contacts, say G'day sorta thing... For your specific questions on larger trans cooler or suspension upgrades or something, go to one of the three sections on 99-03 7.3 PowerStroke Forums... Either 99-03 7.3 PSD General Discussion one, or the 99-03 7.3 PSD Performance one, or the 99-03 7.3 Powerstroke Problems one... OK? You will get a lot wider viewing and answers there... All of our Effies are from that vintage here.. After the 03 they went to a different format. WE are the lucky ones getting the 7.3 all the way through 06....

Best Wishes from the Lone Ranger.... You know him.... at Bushtracker!

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
super_stroke said:
geez ranger, yall take r.v.ing pretty serious. i went to the site you posted. $53,000 for a 16' camper?? is that aus. or u.s.? either way thats kinda pricey. i gave $600 for '71 16' cree camper. sure it needed a new floor in the bath room, then a new wall in the bath room. then a new kitchen then a new sink, stove, wall board's all the way throu and insulation . now last night i found that the floor under the hot water heater is roted out:help: . looks like when it's time for a new camper i'm gonna look for one made like those.
Hello there Super Stroke, that is Aus $.... And understand that the gear is in fact pretty serious stuff... We build 2-3 a week, average size more like 20', average price over $80,000, and second hand ones often go for more that new, such is our Reputation. The Backlog for Deliveries? We are solid Booked to January 2007, so yea, pretty serious stuff.... But it is like nothing you would have seen in the U.S. These are expedition grade gear, military suspension, watertight, dustproof, United Nations grade compressor drive fridges running on solar, water sterilization, and more than one imagines per the Website... I am not bragging just explaining why they seem expensive.. To tell you the truth, the last two 20' ones that sold second hand were about 3 1/2 years old, and went for $85,000 each...

And the Outback is pretty serious as well... !!! They still find an occasional skeleton sitting in the front seat waiting for rescue!! Ha! Sort of like Mission to Mars stuff...

Regards from the Ranger...

·
Premium Member
14,386 Posts
Sorry I'm late on the welcoming guys but I wanted to say hi and welcome to our newest members from down under - Adrian, Efftrucker glad to have y'all aboard! I sure hope y'all enjoy the forum, we like to help each other and have a fun time doing it.
Oh and Lone Ranger, someday I'm going to take you up on your beer offer buddy! Australia is #1 on our vacation list. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ya not alone mate!

Been on the FTW site since I got the truck in 02 - Just started using this site in the last few weeks.

Adam
Mornington Peninsula - Melbourne Victoria

·
Conservative and Proud
14,493 Posts
WELCOME SURVRES!!!:welcome1:

Glad to have you aboard!:cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
hey
My name is steve and i am 16 years old. My perents own a blue crew cab f250. I live in the yarra valley region in victoria.
keep up the good work.
Steve

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Fossil, My sign on is DIESELDAVES I'm on the tweed coast i have 95 f350- daully work truck will post a photo soon

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
For any of you guys that I have missed, WELCOME to POWERSTROKE.ORG.
Glad to have ya'll on the Site! :thumb:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Giday all,

I have found the site for me, i have an f250 4x4 with a 7.3lt psd, i paid $75,000 new from ford, it is probably worth $90,000 now with 200,000 on the clock and 5 years old, it is the only vehicle that has gone up in value in that time, any other vehicle would have depreciated $30,000.

The effie gets alot of attention here where ever i go, you will get people looking around the vehicle all the time asking what size is the engine, hows it off road, you can have a landcruiser worth more next to the effie and people wont look twice at the landcruiser.

cheers mark

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,386 Posts
WELCOME Matt, it's great to have you on-board with us. :)

·
Premium Member
14,386 Posts
Cheers mate, was hunting for info on mods, and I think I have found just what I was looking for....just need more power....lol
We're here for you and we can help on the power issue I promise you. :)
If you have any questions I'm happy to help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Fantastic, well where do I start, its time for power, looking at exhaust, and programmers, and suspension lifts......so much to choose from, about 3-3.5 will do...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi, Aussie Power Stroke,
I am just south of Brisbane. Have done a few mods to my truck and would be only too happy to pass on any info that I have accumulated. My truck is 2 wheel drive and strictly highway towing so I cant help with the lifting side.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, Aussie Power Stroke,
I am just south of Brisbane. Have done a few mods to my truck and would be only too happy to pass on any info that I have accumulated. My truck is 2 wheel drive and strictly highway towing so I cant help with the lifting side.
Sounds like you may be down near beaudesert....just near me maybe..

Would love to see what you have done, and have a chat.

·
Infidel
5,166 Posts
Howdy Fossil, welcome to the .ORG!
Craig

·
Registered
97 Posts
Sounds like you may be down near beaudesert....just near me maybe..

Would love to see what you have done, and have a chat.
Sorry Mate, I missed your reply. No I am just outside the Brisbane boundary, Sheldon in the Redlands.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Another OzPowerstroker here, Clare Valley, SA. Aussie dollar is good at moment, import direct from US for best deals on mods!! Check out Diesel innovations, Black Widow Diesel and ITP Diesel. And if your looking for a chip, you can not go past Jody at DP, great service and advice, also Dennis at ITP for fuel and other goodies. There is also company in Brisy that can get Turbonetics BB turbos and Spearco IC's..cheap!!

21 - 40 of 55 Posts