Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi folks ...
I'm interested to see how many Aussies are on this Ford forum and what their rigs are and look like...both the Tow vehicle and what they tow....also I would like to hear some of the members experiences.
I know a couple of folks who are members, one being the Lone Ranger, and let me tell you that his Company builds the best off road Caravan in Australia called the "Bushtracker"...
I figured it was OK to go into a few details about the Bushtracker and Tow vehicle required because of the uniqueness of the situation, which is that where the van can go, so must the vehicle!!!and visa-versa
The Bushtracker is probably the only van that allows travel over rough territory such as the Tanami desert where other vans tend to fall apart...Of course its a beautiful van to tow anywhere according to the Bushtracker Van user/owners that are on the independent Bushtracker forum.
The Bushtracker is designed to be totally self sufficient apart from the stocking supplies water and fuel.....it has its own solar power panels and batteries and plenty of water on tap...heaps of storage, and a very Strong construction process and the craftmaship is unequalled by other Australian van builder...see it at www.bushtracker.com
The Van is fully customisable...ie you can have your own design or one of the 100's available
The company invites any prospective buyer to tour the factory so see how solidly the van is constructed...I have done the Tour.
They do very little advertising and orders are backed up 8 months or more...
congratulations Steve...(Lone Ranger)

Hmmm..LOL..on reading this it sounds like Steve (Lone Ranger) paid me to say these facts,....Not so!... and you may say what has this to do with Ford, but its a fact that the Ford would be the primary American tow vehicle for Bushtracker vans over 22 ft down here at the moment....There are also some Rams and GMC's...Other Tow Vehicle options lack power and stability...The van itself is very stable.

I am just waiting for some land to sell and health to improve and I will be purchasing a Bushtracker and one of the big three as a tow vehicle..
I have read a few of his posts and he is very modest about his Company product, with his Van being recognised as being the best in Australia.

foss

·
Banned
0 Posts
i dont remember his name....but there was one other guy that joined within the last few weeks that was from austrellia..........

·
Premium Member
14,386 Posts
Welcome to Powerstroke.org fossil! That's some really GREAT info, thanks!!!! I'm surprised the Lone Ranger hasn't made it to this forum yet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Rodslinger,
perhaps I have embarrassed the LR...but that would be hard to do.....lololol
foss

·
Premium Member
14,386 Posts
LOL!
He shouldn't be embarrassed that's for sure because man those "van's" are VERY sweet! I need one! :)

Hey fossil are you in Australia or are you in the States?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Rodslinger,

I live in Australia...On the Sunshine Coast in Queensland, Australia
Actually I was pleased to find that I live only 15 minutes from the Bushtracker factory...which for me was very convenient, as I did not have far to travel to visit the factory...
Folks come from all over Australia and other parts of the world to take a tour and place their order...

foss

·
Conservative and Proud
14,493 Posts
Welcome Fossil...;)

Regarding the Bushtrackers, trust me, I have shown that site to people I know and they wish they could get them here in the states!

The other person I saw in Austrailia went by the sign-on Kangaroo.

·
Premium Member
14,386 Posts
I've always wanted to take a trip to Australia - it sure looks like a beautiful place. :)
Someday!

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
OH yeah, mate! Lone Ranger is sure to be chimin' in soon!

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
I haven't noticed any posting from him lately....

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Well, there are three Aussies here on this Site that I know of....

Hello everyone!
I am back form 8 days away with four horses.... State Championship in Reining... National Reining Horse Association..... I am 150 years to late for the Western Frontier in American, but giving it heck here...!!!

Up at 4 in the morning saddling horses, getting my two daughters going, it is a looooonng day by dawn with sweaty horses!!! And don't ask, the Interstate Reiners cleaned our clock, ate our lunch.. We only got two fourths and a third place... Nothing to talk about... BUT WE WILL BATTLE ON!!!

Anyways, thank you Foss for all the kind words. I have not talked about Bushtracker on this site, did not want to be commercial.. Here for love of the trucks... Besides, and I am not bragging, our Customers sell our vans for us, we are Booked out for Deliveries until January 2007...

I have taken the Liberty to put a referral to this site on the BOG, Bushtracker Owners Group, as we have about 50 Fords running in that group, probably about a 100 Fords in all towing Bushtracker vans.. (Off road Trailers in Gringo language)... Caravans in Australia.. WHAT A GREAT FORUM!!! Wonderful place for us out on the fringe of things on the Frontier to get some help and information. There are a great bunch of people here ready to help, just for the asking! You are all invited over for a beer or three!! Ha!

Hope I have opened an new window for the Forum, to Australia,
The "Last Frontier" and why I am here... :thumb:

Best Regards to all, Lone Ranger in Oz...

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Well it's about time we saw you on here! been a long time!

·
Conservative and Proud
14,493 Posts
Great to see you back on here LR!!!:thumb:

And.... Thanks so much for spreading the word!:beer:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Howdy and G'day,Kangaroo here from Australia. Live on the Gold Coast,Queenland,drive a F250 4X4 7.3 PDS. We don't get the 6.0 here as we have R/H drive Vehicles made in Brazil.I have a slide-on Camper sitting on the back of my Truck as I do mostly just touring .Modifications carried out over here are mostly done to make them more suitable for outback driving.I have fitted to mine so far a Bullbar,Snorkel and Airbags(Suspension)a EGT Gauge and using a Super Chip Micro Tuner.A Long Range Fuel Tank and Diff Lockers , 16x8" Wheels and Cooper STT Tyres (6 of) will be next.No Tire smoking here, just gravel digging!!! What Diff lockers are you guys using?
Rapt in your Forum, learning a lot!
Happy trucking
Adrian

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Hello Roo

It is the Lone Ranger here at Bushtracker.
We are on the Sunshine Coast a couple hours north of you... :welcome1: You can always catch me on www.bushtracker.com and see some more Fords running there...

My "Effie" is comparably equipped, Superchips Micro Tuner, Alpine, 15,000 lb Warn, Nightforce driving lights, about a 4" lift kit, 285 BFGs, air bags over springs with paddles and gauges on the dash, roll bars in heavy alloy, bridged at bottom beam and 125 watt solar recessed into a deck on top, regulator in bed, third battery system on Pirahna directional charger (running an 80 litre Trailblazer fridge in the bed), extra 135 litre long range tank, and Diff Locks front and rear are ARB running off air compressor..

We are major tow vehicle oriented here with Bushtracker vans, and have about a hundred Effies pulling them, although Toyota is still by far the most common tow vehicle... Anyway, welcome aboard, email round trip 20,000 miles to go 200 kilometres! :lol:

Cheers!

·
Power Strokeaholic
1,355 Posts
geez ranger, yall take r.v.ing pretty serious. i went to the site you posted. $53,000 for a 16' camper?? is that aus. or u.s.? either way thats kinda pricey. i gave $600 for '71 16' cree camper. sure it needed a new floor in the bath room, then a new wall in the bath room. then a new kitchen then a new sink, stove, wall board's all the way throu and insulation . now last night i found that the floor under the hot water heater is roted out:help: . looks like when it's time for a new camper i'm gonna look for one made like those.

·
Registered
2 Posts
G'day Lone Ranger
another 20'000 miles round trip!!!! Having comunicated via this forum I tought I might as well get back the same way.Anyway thanks for the quick reply and info. I don't know you personally but I sure know about Bush Trackers (a mad Swiss Friend of mine has one and loves it). I read with interest your technical contributions in the BT Forum of whom I are a member(nineteen44,not financially) It is trough you I got onto the PSD Forum and learnt where to get all the good bits in the States. Thank you!!!!
Going back to my previous mail I forgot to mention that I also have a 3rd battery fitted.My Truck is a super cab and I have removed the rear seat and fitted a platform to accomodate a Waeco Fridge and some drawers. The Tub at the rear has been removed and a dropside aluminium Tray fitted to accomodate the "Trayon"slide on camper, under the tray I fitted two "Atlas" 75 ltr water tanks on each side.(you would know both manufacterers,they are just around the corner) Underneath the centre of the Tray there is also a 800x1200 steel drawer,very handy to store camping gear.Between cabin and slide on camper is enough storage room for a 2nd spare wheel and Generator ect.
Anyway good to talk to you all.
Kangaroo

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bushtrackers are Built Tough

G'day all,

I'm an Aussie, currently on the east coast (subject to change without notice) and I came across this forum after seeing a link on the Bushtracker Owners Group (BOG) forum. My background is in health care, so I am looking to learn what I can about my F250 4x4 that I use to tow our home - a 21' Bushtracker Caravan. Mostly I am limited by the overall length of the rig, but pretty much anywhere the truck will go the caravan will follow and be there as a comfortable home at the end of the day (away from the flies, and with all the creature comforts we need).

I guess all up we would be pulling about 6 tons when we are on the road. A couple of motor bikes fit snugly under the canopy on the back of the truck and the 'van would be about 3.5 ton with full water tanks and our personal stuff inside. It rides beuatifully on rough roads - and there are plenty of those in outback Australia - and the F250 pulls it without much in the way of effort. The vehicle is standard aside from the addition of a bull bar (essential for those 'roos that want the road at the same time and place as we are travelling), the canopy over the tray and of course the tow hitch. So far we have travelled jut over 80,000 km in the 2 and a bit years since we bought the truck and about a third of that would be with the caravan in tow - pretty much right round Australia (soo much more to see).

I have read some about transmission coolers and would like to know more about how important they are. The ride has been great, but should I be looking at some alternatives in suspension with the heavier load? Recently, of course, the rise in fuel costs has had me looking at what alternatives there may be in fuel. I'd be interested in any feedback from other owners about how to do things bettter.

Cheers. Happy truckin

1 - 20 of 55 Posts