Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

181 - 200 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Well I'm moving to GP Sept 5 form BC. Maybe we could plan a meet sometime. Bbq and beers.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Where in BC are you now?

Also my backyard and garage are always open for a BBQ and beers!

Also if anyone has any 7.3L questions for the most part, or any other questions or suggestions you can contact me at : [email protected] or on F-book, i also have a group on F-book for Alberta-Sask-BC Stroke owners.

Dont be scared to email me, i will answer!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Where in BC are you now?

Also my backyard and garage are always open for a BBQ and beers!

Also if anyone has any 7.3L questions for the most part, or any other questions or suggestions you can contact me at : [email protected] or on F-book, i also have a group on F-book for Alberta-Sask-BC Stroke owners.

Dont be scared to email me, i will answer!
Fort Nelson

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Ahh ok!

I grew up in BC, Actually here right now enjoying some Vacation. Good ole Van Isle

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Nice.. Van isle . I spent some time over on the Sunshine Coast in Sechelt and Gibsons. I really like that area.
I did a search for the FB page and couldn't find it. Could pm a link?

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Nice.. Van isle . I spent some time over on the Sunshine Coast in Sechelt and Gibsons. I really like that area.
I did a search for the FB page and couldn't find it. Could pm a link?
PM'd

Yup northern Van isle too, basically butt... F$%^ no where lol, neerest mall is campbell river which is almost 4 hrs from me, im as far north and then on the west coast!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
PM'd

Yup northern Van isle too, basically butt... F$%^ no where lol, neerest mall is campbell river which is almost 4 hrs from me, im as far north and then on the west coast!
Yeah I hear ya. The move GP will be good fr us ,although I will be still working in Fort Nelson on an 8 and 6 fly in fly out rotation.
Nice headlights to BTW

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Yeah I hear ya. The move GP will be good fr us ,although I will be still working in Fort Nelson on an 8 and 6 fly in fly out rotation.
Nice headlights to BTW
Thanks! i got them for a really good deal so i couldnt say no.

GP is an alright place, my brother lives there. I much prefer being closer to edmonton, and the outskirt towns are really nice around here. and cheap insurance! i pay less then what my parents pay and they have 23yrs on me. Good ole ICBC

·
Registered
101 Posts
I finally get my truck back tomorrow. It's been about a month since the bastards stole it and turned it into a tweeker pad. I can't wait to get it back but I just know something about it isn't going to be the same as it was. It was stolen at the Southcenter mall here in Calgary. It took them maybe 45 seconds to be driving down the road. I'll be buying a club tomorrow as well. At least it may be a small deterrent.
Can you believe it happened again? This time in Westlock on Saturday but it was found almost right away. I should know what was damaged by the end of the week. I need some sort of demobiliser or something to keep this from happening. Any of you put in some sort of equipment or hidden switches or anything so the pricks can't get the beast started?

·
Electrical Ogre
12,276 Posts
You could put in a kill switch for the fuel pump, or if it's a 7.3 you can kill power to the IDM. I'm planning on adding another PCM from a car that was equipped with PATS and piggy-backing it into the wiring. That way there isn't a switch to forget flicking on or off. I still have a ways to go to see if it will work though.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
just get a starter kill alarm, mine has it, she was stolen twice, now, unless you have the fob to unlock it and the key goes into the ignition and started within 30 seconds its game over lol.... the fob died on me one day, the system works well lol

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi gang, From Blackfalds Here just North of Red Deer.

There was a shop here, but they moved to sylvan lake, Dirty Diesel, single bay couple of guys run it, Seem to know there stuff, I do a lot of my own wrenching but they are competitive with their prices.

·
Registered
16 Posts
FYI

Hey Sam how goes it. Fast Freddie here from Penhold. While I think of it, if there's anyone out there in central Alberta looking for a good diesel shop for anything, I highly recommend Armour Diesel on 67th street in Red Deer. Recently had some work done there on my 06 dually and I'm very pleased with their work.
FYI

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recently had my oil cooler blow and fill my cooling system with oil turning into a thick sludge. Im gonna tear everything off the engine my self. Tow it to a new local shop called "2D" which is ran buy two guys who did heavy duty up in fort mac for years and they do awesome work. Gonna have them pull the cab. Send my heads to AMS engines in edmonton to have them trued and o-rings. then get 2d to install oem head gaskets and arp studs then finish the bullet proofing myself and flush the system numerous times with with dawn dish soap then restore and restore + before running some CAT ELC. Possibly gonna replace the rad with a Mishimoto aluminum one. If i can get back to work that is, Stupid break up...

·
Registered
517 Posts
Calgary here as well! Chevy-gasser is falling apart, looking at a 6.4 for myself. Dad loves his 07 F150 5.4 gas and we've had other fords without near the issues my POS Chev has sucked out of me, can't wait to be back in a blue oval again.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Wainwright, Alberta here. The ford dealership in this town is the worst. :icon_ford:

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Airdrie my self, best for dealer, Nisku Ford, uses to be Art Berry ford till they built the new shop.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
7 Posts
Another Albertan checking in. I'm currently down south outside of Lethbridge.
I'm not from Alberta, originally. I am actually from out East on the coast. But this is where I work and live now.

Hoping there's still some Alberta people kickin' around here!

181 - 200 of 200 Posts