Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really want bigger tires for my stock 20s on my 08 with white lettering. Problem is I cant find any out there other than bfg at in the 325s. Man they are salty though. Anyone know of any good tires in these sizes with white lettering???? Thanks

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, giving an update. I finally got some pics of my tires before and after. Someone here suggested Iron Cross Innovations - The Tire Paint Pen & Marker AlternativeIron Cross Innovations – White Letter Tires Kits, No Tire Paint Needed | White letter tires kits without the mess of a tire paint pen or tire markerCustom Tire Lettering | Tire Pai about white lettering and I contacted them about their product and I'm glad I went with them! I've had their inserts on for a few months without a problem and love them. I would recommend their product any time. They are actually a rubber insert that they make for any make/model/size of tire. They said you treat them just as any other tire. You don't have to treat them special. The rep said they have semi trucks around the country with 100,000+ miles on their tires with their inserts on them (they retread the tires). And the inserts will outlast the tires. I love them!

Before

After

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Looks like it turned out good. Wonder how it will last?

·
Registered
358 Posts
I'm one of the very few who still like white lettering on tires and that looks really good. Thanks for posting this. I will admit though, the kits seem a bit spendy.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Certain trucks look better with the white. I wouldn't do it to mine, but your truck looks better with them :)

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I have 325/60/20 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs. They are, by far, the best tire I have ever had on my trucks. They're expensive but worth it.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I quit worrying about them. I've rubbed on curbs, etc. and no issues. They are made out of rubber and the adhesive both flex with the tire. I think solid black walls look so plain. Especially a large truck tire with a ton if sidewall. Some look better than other in black, but its not my flavor

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fordpwerstroke6, yours is one I kept looking at before I got my tires! Looks great

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Thanks, and I'm an idiot b/c I skipped over the part that you were wanting to know about white letters! Sorry. It's annoying to me when people don't read the thread and just post something up quickly...just like I did.

Your truck is looking very nice!

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Looks great I always have my white letters out and keep them clean I might have to check on these we have about 8 peterbilts and all our drivers paint thier tire letters but then they can't armor all the tires

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I use bleach white, armor all, take it through the car was all the time. No problems. They told me you don't have to treat them any differently than before. I figured I'd give it a whirl! Glad I did

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm in the same boat... getting ready to buy 325s and really want white lettering. I like the Duratracks the best, but was very disappointed that they don't offer them with OWL. I like the looks of what you did though, and may go that route. An chance you have some closeup pictures?

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I can in a bit

·
Registered
146 Posts
Cool. I really prefer the outlined white letters to the solid ones, but this is better than nothing for sure. I wonder if this company offers just the outlines?

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think just solid

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

They need to be cleaned. Thank you winter roads! They stick out maybe 1/16", but you can't tell unless you kneel down next to them

·
Registered
911 Posts
That looks great! In my opinion it sets the truck up perfect, but who am I to buck the new trends, I still love chrome bumpers, chrome wheels and white letter tires!!!

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It matches the exact font and size too

·
Registered
146 Posts
Are the black letters on the tires hollow, or filled? As in, do you fill up the middle with glue and then the new letters stick to the outlined ridge of the originals? I still prefer outlined letters (the reason I've never had any BFG tires on my truck), but these definitely look better than black sidewalls.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts