Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on dec 21 I took my truck in for a clunking noise in the driveline as I come to a stop and sometimes when shift into park.

It is now the 7th and I'm told parts have been ordered and the truck will be worked on when parts come in. I asked to speak to general manager and still no call back. I called customer relations and nothing they can do.

Honestly I think the have me on the back burner since I'm warranty work opposed to marked up repairs.

Am I being unreasonable on my expectations of repair time? I called around and a ring and pinion job is quoted at 3 days at the most.

Other repairs have been approved as well and parts are in for those, but they have not actually repaired them either.

What the heck? Some one please enlighten me!!!!

·
Registered
709 Posts
I mean, we probably need to know exactly what is wrong to tell you if it's BS or not. What exactly did they say the issue was?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Ring and pinion replacement. I don't know what all else they are replacing with that job. I don't know if the seals are being done, the carrier. The service tech is very short coming with information. Last time I go here. I'll drive the extra 30 mins to the dealer in the city next time.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Seems pretty typical to me. My trucks spend 2 1/2 of the last 3 months at the dealer. They NEVER call back, and NEVER have a straight answer for any questions. I'm extremely disappointed in my dealer as well as many of the Ford dealers around. Love the trucks but hate the service... My truck will only be going to performance shops from here on out.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Advisor walked to parts department. Apparently the parts arrived earlier today. Will work on it tomorrow. "Hopefully everything goes smooth and you can have your truck back by end of day", is what he said in a very sarcastic note. I hope I can get my truck and drive away and never look back.

At this point even if the clunk is still there....I'm driving down to the city dealer.

Thanks all for the input.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Wow, that sucks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.