Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if you had a truck that was still under warrenty and pulled in a ford dealership for warrenty work and they saw the vrgistroke hooked up, what would they say? What will it do to my warrenty? I have an 05 with 50,000 miles on it. 50,000 to go on the engine and 50,000 extended warrenty on everything else.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I can't say for sure, but I am 99.9% sure they would not like the idea. I'm pretty sure Ford now allows up to B20, but as far as I know, SVO is a no no when it comes to warranty issues.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I was told all of the majors will only allow up to a B3-5 blend, and will test it if there is an engine failure. I actually just had mine in, and they said if they hadn't known me they would have sent me away because of the WVO.

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
I crapped out 2 injectors pulling the camper Friday. Stuck open and over fueling - classic 6.0 injector issues. They replaced them and never said a word about the fuel system i had.
Free repair.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I crapped out 2 injectors pulling the camper Friday. Stuck open and over fueling - classic 6.0 injector issues. They replaced them and never said a word about the fuel system i had.
Free repair.
Do you know the guys at your dealership, or are you just an average Joe?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I would say Clays results are an exception.... running grease is all the reason they need to void a warrenty.

I personally would not be brave enough to run on grease if I still had a warrenty in effect. If you are still under warrenty and do a grease conversion you need to be willing to accept that you must likely will be denied warrenty work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts