Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of rebuilding a wrecked 04 6.0 Fx4. 30K miles. I am putting on an AFE intake and a 4 inch exhaust with cat test pipe. I think I would like an SCT X3 but I don't want to replace studs and head gaskets. I really am not worrying about making a lot more power. I am more concerned with better shifting and economy. Am I asking for trouble with a mild tune? What is normal boost pressures and what does it go to with SCT's minimum canned tune? Maybe I should put some miles on the truck without changing tunes and see how it goes? Let's hear what you all think. I'm retiring a 99 5.4. Thanks, Kevin

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
with Dj's economy tune i see no more than stock boost and i went from 12 mpg to around 15-16.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
if you're worried about stretching bolts, don't run canned tunes, the tuner has more control over your boost with custom tunes. request that boost be kept as low as possible and that will limit the amount of air going into each cylinder therefore keeping the bolts as save as possible. I have an "EconPwr" tune from Innovative and it get's better milage than stock and it smokes on take off, weird.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts