Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the long weekend I got my system up and running and have about 600 miles on veggie now:woot:. What a feeling to see that little green light come on and stay on. I plan on putting some serious miles on this summer and can't wait to hit the road. I still can't get over the comments and looks I get when running on veggie. Yesterday morning the lady at the store kept asking who in the world would be grilling out at 7:30 in the morning:hehe:. Thanks again for everyone who has helped me get to this point especially Clay:thumb:.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Congrats man, glad to hear it!!

I got my tank in last week...should have the remainder of the kit in the next few days.

Then it's time to process some oil and get this thing installed.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
awesome man I would love to take the plunge but don't have all the unfront money right now I guess I need to start saving

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess I need a new avatar. Something like "I love the smell of french fries...":hehe:

·
Registered
11 Posts
who's system is the best for the money. I dont have 8 grand to invest...so like most of us the 4.50 per/gal has put a crunch on my budget, but I am not gonna wait around for my favorite Uncle to do something about it. I was looking at this 40 gal system...what do you guys think? :Freedom Fueler Biodiesel Processor

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
who's system is the best for the money. I dont have 8 grand to invest...so like most of us the 4.50 per/gal has put a crunch on my budget, but I am not gonna wait around for my favorite Uncle to do something about it. I was looking at this 40 gal system...what do you guys think? :Freedom Fueler Biodiesel Processor
What I am running is a SVO/WVO system where you just run filtered and dewatered oil straight in a dual tank system. This is different than bio where you are actually modifying the fuel as opposed to the truck. Check it out Dino Fuel Alternatives: Vegetable Oil Fuel Systems

·
Registered
736 Posts
Congrats!!! Good to hear you are up and running on WVO. I love it when people look at me weird cause the smell my exhaust. It just happened to me today when I was at my parents house. They are getting a new septic system and all of there equipment is diesel. All of those guy's couldn't figure out were the smell was coming from till' one of them asked.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts

WOW that is alot!!! do the research and you can build one for about 500 bucks or less. a really nice processor is about 1k. 3500 buys about 750 gal of diesel at the moment. Plus you need the meth and the lye which is more cost plus the cost of the collection gear. find oil first then build. oil is very hard to find.

Sorry to hijack!

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Glad you got it going.
Wipe that smirk off your face man! jk, you can't probably...:lol:

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
I got my new tank in today, and a V3 setting in the shop ready to retrofit...this weekend...

·
Registered
568 Posts
Ive been thinking about this, but where do you get your vegi??? Seems like all the resteraunts have contracts with someone or it already taken??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts