Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
97 Ford F250 crew cab heavy duty - Here is my problem:

rear passenger window has never worked since purchase....had frayed wiring between fram and door and I fixed that but it still doesn't work (not sure if this plays into things)>>>anyhow - power door locks started to have a mind of their own....constantly locking themselves.....after this occurrence the only thing I can do is unlock the drivers door, both from the switch and the keyless.....all the other locks will ONLY lock and lock very well, but they don't unlock....I hit the unlock button at the drivers door and only hear a "click" from under the dash (what is that?)....anyhow I pulled the switch panel on the passenger side front door and I can use a grounded tester to get the lock to unlock but not with the switch, and it's not with a lot of power - also appears to have constant 12V at both the unlock and lock wiring.....totally confused....I think it is a relay or something similar but not sure where to find that....I read the other posts regarding actuators, but I'm not convinced that is the problem considering I can manipulate the switch into unlocking the door.....any suggestions please???

1 - 1 of 1 Posts