Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys soo i know i posted not too long ago about my oil pan leaking and i ended up going all out and pulling the motor and while it was out i resealed the pan and cleaned it up painted everything and it turned out great but now its back in i thought the leak was done...but i was wrong. The main oil pan leak is taken care of but now im noticing another very small leak from what i thought was the oil filter being loose. so i tightend it but im still leaking...the oil cooler is dry, its not the hpop o rings or anything else in the area. The only other thing i can think of is the oil filter housing gasket to the block..has anyone else had a problem in this area? any input is apreciated

thanks, matt

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have the same problem but cant figure it out! i Just put a sock over the oil filter to absorb the leaking oil from leaving a spot in the driveway.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats not a bad idea haha im gunna pull the filter housing off tomorrow and see if its that gasket i will let you know!

·
Registered
111 Posts
LOL works like a charm! Yeah definitely let me know if that's the problem. I been wanting to know how to fix it but can't put my finger on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts