Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I am in need of your expertise! I bought the truck in my signature about 2 years ago and have been chasing an oil leak ever since. When I bought it from the dealership, they had the oil pan and gasket replaced to fix the leak. It did fix some of the leak but another one was still present. I also did the bellowed uppipes and replaced all o-rings associated with the turbo. So no leak there. Where else could the leak be coming from? I looked at the hose connections at the HPOP and they look very dry. Everything around the HPOP looks dry too which has me confused. It's hard to tell what the end of the HPOP hoses look like at the heads. I have been noticing this leak get progressively worse. At first is was a drop or two, now it is consistently a good size puddle. What have you guys experienced and please let me know your thoughts. Running Rotella T6 if it makes a difference.

Thanks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
There are two plugs in the back side of the heads (firewall side) that can leak. If you take them out to replace the o-rings, be aware that each head has a quart of oil in it, which will come out all over the place.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Have you checked with an inspection mirror the "non-serviceable" plug in the hpop? There are also other places in the hpop where oil can drip besides just the oil lines. My thought is probably the "non-serviceable" plug. Go to dieselorings dot com and research it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts