Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not my day for cars - Truck wont start and my fall back car was tempermental starting then shredded a tire 15 mins from home. It's negative 8* outside with wind chill factor.

Truck - A 2004 F250 with the 6.0, 4x4, automatic, 124,xxx miles.

mods:
- Edge Insight CTS
- Diamond Eye 4" TBE straight pipe
- Sony 800W amp feeding a pair of Pioneer 12s supplied with 4Ga. wire and a 1 Farad capacitor
- Pioneer HU
- Factory Ford tune

Oil and fuel filters changed 2 weeks ago

Truck drove fine all day yesterday. Fueled up last night night before heading home from work ~1/2 tank. Parked it, plugged it in, and now this morning nada. Not even cranking. Key in the ignition the truck comes to life - Edge turns on, radio is playing, gauges don't sweep like they would if the batteries were dead, can hear the fuel pump making it's usual slew of angry noises.

Batteries are less than a year old, and my Edge told be the EOT/ECTs were around 40* when I wen to fire it this morning.

So what am I going to be looking for? Did the starter die overnight?

_

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you find out why it would not start

I have the same thing happening to my 2003 f250 turn the key nothing.

Fuel pump not kick on
jumped starter turn over fine. but not from key no problem till cold snap.

Dose anyone know could it be a relay ? Ray514

·
Love all, Trust a Few...
4,907 Posts
Very well could be the neutral safety switch which is located on the transmission itself outside of it near where your shift cable hooks to it. Try alternating from neutral to park while holding the key in start position. Good luck

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First thing I did try was the NSS. Shifted to neutral and back into park - nothing and then tried again with the truck in neutral -nothing.

Tried to fire it this morning since it wasn't single digits outside this morning. Began to crank but I let it go and figured i'd deal with it when I get home tonight. My only guess is that this sub zero weather we've been having the past two days froze the starter. I'll update when I get home later.

_

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So is it possible for it to be TOO cold outside for these trucks? "cause it started up when I got home just now. Wasn't happy at first since the block heater outlet is on a timer and had been off for a few hours, but it still fired tonight...

_

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks guys for the input.

I did get it running.
1. Did everything above. Then I got it started but the next time I went to start it nothing

no pump timer run no power to key,Checked all connector and used electrical cleaner on them. same thing started once shut off restart nothing again.

I removed my EDGE computer. Now everything is fine. I forgot to mention I had an edge mod .

I think it just got wet then froze,
Still not above 32 so I will take it in for a couple of days then hook it back up.
It never gave me a problem we had a 60 degree day with a lot of condensation
then we had 7 below the next day.So I hope its just wet

Thanks again for your help
I hope this post helps someone else

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.