Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Output device Computer Gadget Computer monitor accessory Display device
Gadget Font Display device Electronic device Multimedia

Today I changed my steering gear box. I got everything back together and the truck won't start. I have the 2 following codes
Output device Computer Gadget Computer monitor accessory Display device

I disconnected the batteries and hooked them back up. The truck started and the codes were gone. I let it run for about 20min, shut it off and its doing the same thing. I can't find anything loose or not connected. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
23 Posts
No starts have been covered plenty of times before. Lots of good YouTube vids also to help you diagnose. This is a good place to start:

What year is your truck? What mods/work has been recently done to it besides the steering box? Was it working fine before the box replacement?

EDIT: check your FICM sync. Maybe something in the wiring loom is shorting out? I would at a bare minimum monitor FICM voltage, IPR %, ICP, FICM SYNC and RPM while cranking. This should give you some insight to start with.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sure the short is in the wiring loom. I unplugged and started digging into the wiring. I could not find anything, but I started the truck and when I barely touched the wiring harness it stumbled and died. I got tired, and wanted to put everything back. When I put everything back together the truck started and no matter how I moved the wiring it stayed running. Once I got all back together I drove it around the block a few times with no issues. I found a field and drove it there (pretty bumpy) and it did not die out. Right now the only code is for the #3 glow plug (P0673). I'm stumped and wondering if need to look into replacing the engine wiring loom.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Could it have been corrosin in a plug?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts