Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SuperCrutyPS was kind enough to point me over here - thanks!

Brendan from Fairfield here. Bought a used 2003 XLT PSD at Ford of Fairfield 3 weeks ago (106k miles). Will be mainly used to tow a travel trailer/dirt bikes. We've tent camped and trailered (4x8 utility trailer behind a late model Subaru Outback) our bikes/camping gear up until now. After our last trip (to Pipi OHV, which I recommend if you ride), my wife and I decided that , after years of tent camping, it was just too much of a pain in the *** - our kids are 12 and 15, and we want to focus on the fun, and not on how to ram all the camping crap into the Subaru.. soo...

No travel trailer yet, but with the PSD, I have the luxury of buying something older and heavier, and am watching CraigsList/local lots for something in the 22-26' range

I'm all around new to the whole "big *** diesel" thing. I've owned several small trucks over my 43 years, but nothing close to this. Because I'm a bit of a fool, I bought the truck, and *then* started googling - and about crapped myself after reading that the 6.0L PSD was the most unreliable truck ever made, with the end of the world itself about to unfold because of it ;) After finding powerstroke.org, I was a bit relieved to learn that it's probably manageable with a bit of common sense, and some basic maint.

Anyways, nice to see we have an active local group here - see you around SoCo.

Reactions: SuperCrutyPS

·
Premium Member
19,948 Posts
Ya made it!! :thumb:

I hear ya on the tent camping Brendan. My wife and I did it a long time ago, moved up to a tent trailer when the kids were younger than yours, then a travel trailer. Pulled those with a gasser. We started thinking 5th wheels so we got the diesel (in '05) first (my first diesel too), 5er came home in '07. It's a 31'. No plans to go bigger. I'm 58, so we're good.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

We're really looking forward to it - we had discussed just getting a tent trailer (for a couple of years), but just decided to cut to the chase. All of my friends who already have travel trailers swear that we'll be addicted to it like crack after the 1st trip. I should have mentioned that our 1st big trip will be to Yellowstone in Summer 2015.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Thanks!

We're really looking forward to it - we had discussed just getting a tent trailer (for a couple of years), but just decided to cut to the chase. All of my friends who already have travel trailers swear that we'll be addicted to it like crack after the 1st trip. I should have mentioned that our 1st big trip will be to Yellowstone in Summer 2015.
Late welcome. New here myself, but you are going to love yellowstone. I drive through there every year when I get back home.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Late welcome. New here myself, but you are going to love yellowstone. I drive through there every year when I get back home.
Thanks, we're really looking forward to it. Hopefully my 6.0 will be rock solid enough to provide us with a memorable (in the right way) trip by then (thanks for the bump on my other thread!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts