Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, im new to the forum and just purchased an 06 regular cab a few months back. Im going to be using the truck to do large plowing contracts in the winter and ill be loading the bed with some junk from work every now and then. my question is what size lift can i go with if im going to be plowing? i was thinking i could only do a 2" lift which is fine but what brand is recommended. do i just do a 2" in the front to level or do i do it all the way around? please give me some input and brands. thanks, john

·
Registered
371 Posts
I would recommend looking at material from whatever plow manufacturer you are planning on using. There is a recommended hitch height usually for the plow and the brackets that go on your truck are adjustable vertically within a range. If you exceed that you will have to customize the brackets to keep your plow hitch point at a reasonable height. :wink[3]:

·
Registered
371 Posts
Stock springs should be adequate. I have a Boss V on and F250 and have had no problems with the truck carrying it. You just don't want the sector of the plow going down at much of an angle or it won't plow properly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts