Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
It is my understanding that the 15^ temp delta was for Celsius and the delta for Fahrenheit was 25^. Is this correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

can anyone confirm or deny this?
If I understand this correctly, the ratio is 1: 1.8. C- F. That would mean a 15° C would be 27° F. Maybe I'm wrong?

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
No, sorry. That only works in a certain temp range.

Example...

F and C are equal at -40 degrees and at boiling c =100 and f = 212

I just want to know if the 15 degree delta IS in fact a C delta.

2003 F250 6.0L Superduty Lariott
95000 miles
EGR Delete
Blue spring upgrade
Scanguage II

From Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
good point bro, thanks for adding that in, I always appreciate facts more than opinions, and I believe you are correct in correcting me! :icon_ford:
There have been so many changes in the different years that we tend to forget to make sure we are talking apples to apples. Kinda like the high idle mod. That one is a perfect example.

Have a great rest of the weekend, I gotta go back to work!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Southend I think you are right in your math. 1.8 isn't a conversion number but a reference when associating delta or temp differential. It makes since to me but I can not confirm the specs on delta though

Eot vs ect
205F & 225F is a 20' F delta
Converted
91.1C & 107.2C is a 16.1'C delta

That's close to the unverified logic we are using but still not confirmed. Hopefully someone can clarify. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Premium Member
5,699 Posts
15° deltas means 15° F. The original number was 25° F. Many people believe 15 is too low for heavy hauling trucks. Also only 05-07s latest strategy uses the oil cooler monitor.

Just saying

21 - 26 of 26 Posts