Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kind of a long post. Had this truck about a year. Previous owner had paperwork showing heads, studs, oil cooler, water pump, hpop done at 180,000miles at Ford dealership. Well at 226,000 I find out I had bad head gaskets. So reputable shop in town tore it down and found one side had bad gasket and the other a cracked head between the valves. So I ordered new oil cooler, egr delete, new head gaskets and a set of oringed heads. Truck is going back together now. Hopefully for the last time. I don’t tow heavy just a couple atvs several times a year. Here are a few pics.

Attachments

·
Administrator
21,471 Posts
this is because stealerships do not send their heads to machine shops.

any truck with "head gaskets at the dealer" will likely fail again.

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
I wouldn't let any dealership around here work on my truck. For most things hey follow the same failed procedures and policies that doomed the 6.0 from the start. Many of the Techs know better but their hands are tied.

k

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Just curious what symptoms you noticed to send it in for the work.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
anytime I got over 2000 rpms she would spit coolant front the degas bottle. Pulled my 6k lb tractor to a friends and oil temp went to 240 and puked coolant everywhere. After that anytime I stepped on it it would puke and pressurize the coolant.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
anytime I got over 2000 rpms she would spit coolant front the degas bottle. Pulled my 6k lb tractor to a friends and oil temp went to 240 and puked coolant everywhere. After that anytime I stepped on it it would puke and pressurize the coolant.
I appreciate the reply. FWIW, last time I brought my truck to a quality shop, they condemned and scrapped both heads. There was a not so quality shop that worked on it years before that did head gaskets for me.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BTW the heads I just pulled off were o ringed as well by the previous owner. I agree that the dealership probably did a half *** job the last time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry for the late reply. I know I’ll probably take a beating for it but the heads are from DK engines and Mahle head gaskets. I know Chinese casting but they appear to be a quality part. Only time will tell. BTW got the truck back today and it runs fantastic! Much smoother than ever and no blowing coolant when I put my foot in it ! I don’t have the fan shroud yet. When new one comes it will go back on

Attachments

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I still question your mechanic's "finish work" mentality with heads sloppily painted like that.:wink[3]:

I am glad your truck is back together and running.

Joe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts