Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am fixing to order parts for a head gasket job. I have a 2004.5 Excursion that has a new IPR, EBP, recent EGR delete, Turbo reconditioning, updated turbo feed and drain tubes, EGR left plugged in, new degas bottle and cap OEM, new FoMoCo belt, FoMoCo t-stat, Oil cooler rebuild at same time as delete. Probably a list of other things I forgot to mention. Anyway, here is my shopping list. Please feel free to fill in the things I missed.

2- W302908 updated dummy plugs
2- 6E7Z-9A332-A updated standpipes
1- 3C3Z-9433-BE intake gasket/egr o-ring/gasket kit (currently have EGR delete plate with EGR just hanging around)
1- 3C3Z 9229-AA set of 8 injector o-ring repair kit
1- 250-4202 ARP head stud kit ( cheapest so far $468 delivered, anywhere cheaper?)
2- 4C3Z-6051-EB head gaskets

How much ARP lube?
hoping valve cover gaskets are reusable.

I will be replacing the rad hoses, trans filters, and flushing trans while waiting on parts. 84,000 miles+-

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If anyone knows of a good reliable machine shop in Tulsa, OK area I would appreciate the heads up.

·
Winning DUHHH
2,389 Posts
Boyd's, but that's not in Tulsa I think hes in Lawton

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Buy a new set of push rods to replace the ones that are in there. The replacement rods will be 50/1000 shorter. Ford had switched to a shorter rod after a lot of lifter failures. They determined that the rods being too long would put too much stress on the lifters. If you follow forum postings, you will see that people have lifter failure a lot of times after studding their engines. We use Elgin brand, don't have the part number handy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts