Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running the following:

SCT dpf delete base tune (no towing or high performance)
Airaid Intake
MBRP dpf back SS kit
Powerstroker67 cat/dpf delete pipe (great guy, highly recommend him!)

This is a 4x4 CC SB SRW F350, job 1 with 25K miles and auto. I've owned it since new.

When stock, at 70 mph the best mpg I ever saw was 17, maybe 18 on a good day with a tailwind. On average I'd see 14.8 - 15.5 mpg. DPF delete has put me at 19.5-21 mpg at 70 mph depending on wind. Tested at 65 mph and got 22.5 mpg. I live in West Texas so it's pretty flat.

This weekend I towed my 25' Baja (read: heavy, 6K lbs or so I would guess) to the lake, loaded with family and gear of course. I pulled it 70 mph and got...get this...get ready....14.4 mpg. That was on the way there with a very slight tailwind (10mph or so). On the way back, I was in a little hurry and pulled 75 mph and only got 11.0 mpg. That was with a little stouter headwind though at about 15-20 mph.

Pretty happy so far!

·
Registered
61 Posts
great news. I get my SCT in the mail any day now, and I cant wait to get it put on.:)

·
Registered
333 Posts
man i want to do this delete and tune really bad, but im worried about my warranty, just bought the truck with 30,000 miles on it . Is your truck still covered under warranty with the delete and tuner?

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
man i want to do this delete and tune really bad, but im worried about my warranty, just bought the truck with 30,000 miles on it . Is your truck still covered under warranty with the delete and tuner?
Technically speaking, removing the DPF and adding the tune will void your warranty, but it also requires the dealer proving that the DPF delete and tune caused the problem. Also, with 30K all ready on the truck, any problems that would have cropped up would have done so in the first 5K-10K. This is all information I've garnered from reading the various threads, I haven't done mine yet because I'm just barely hitting 1K on mine.

Rest assured, others will chime in if I've erred on anything above or didn't give enough information.

·
Registered
333 Posts
thanks smotors

1 - 5 of 5 Posts