Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I just want to do this because I want to get to know you the powerstroke enthusiast! I am going to give away one of our total solutions minus studs. This will include head gaskets, intake gasket set with injector o-rings, exhaust manifold gaskets, oil cooler(updated design of OE), BASIC EGR Delete, and valve cover gasket set.

Seems pretty cool right? What do you have to do to win this prize? All you have to do is tell us why you deserve to win this package. We want to hear the story behind your truck. What do you use your truck for? What are you inspired to do with it?

Once all of the stories are collected we will have your fellow powerstoke.org supporters vote on the best story. We are going to judge for the top 3 stories and then let the members take it from there.

The story and why you should get the total solution must be completed and filed in this thread on or before September 30th, 2011. We will post the top 3 on October 1st and let the winner be chosen on October 7th.

Winner- The winner of this contest will receive a total solution WITHOUT ARP Head Studs.
2nd Place- 2nd place will be rewarded with an EGR delete kit with up-pipe and an intake gasket set.
3rd Place- 3rd place will be rewarded with a BASIC EGR delete kit.

Fair enough?

Ok guys and gals let's get started, I am anxious to see those stories rolling in! Remember you are being judged on the story, that means we want to know your inspirations, hopes, and plans with the truck. The better you explain your truck the better your chances are to get one of the prizes mentioned above!

Good Luck!!

-Matt H

·
Registered
338 Posts
Not one story yet? Kind of interested in reading them. :bump:

·
Banned
3,782 Posts
I deserve one, cause it would totally work on my 7.3. There is my story and it looks like I'm winning this contest. :hehe:

*free bump*

·
Registered
16 Posts
The reason i deserve this is because I have one of those rare diamond in the rough 6.0L. Its an 06 with 304000 miles and NEVER been inside "yet", because I know it'll happen sooner or later and I would like winning this to be the only reason I ever have to go inside of it. This truck was an oilfield service truck in OK I have seen it since it was new. Its not the most attravtice piece due to the dents and dings of its work history. I have had it for almost 8 months and pulled and put it through the works. Even though I havent had it long in a since i have had it since it was new. Seeing it almost every day. Pictures are on my profile. I would greatly use and appreciate this kit.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Wheres yours???
Mines not all too exciting. I got it about 2 years ago because I got a killer deal on it and I needed to get out of my other vehicle. I use it primarily for daily driving in that killer Texas heat. Occassionally I use it to help friends move (used to be in the military so my friends PCS a lot). When I drive up to Indiana to visit family, I usually use it around thier farm to help out. My plans for the truck are just to make it as reliable as I can, while aslo making it fun to drive. :icon_ford:

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
45 views at the time this post was made and there was only three stories? Looks like this may be an easy contest to pick.

Come on guys, your trucks are your passion!!!! Let's hear about it! It's what we do and in some ways it can define us to other members because of the pictures and such we put on the org.

Tell us about your truck and you could win the 6.0 total solution!!!!

-Matt H

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The reason i deserve this is because I have one of those rare diamond in the rough 6.0L. Its an 06 with 304000 miles and NEVER been inside "yet", because I know it'll happen sooner or later and I would like winning this to be the only reason I ever have to go inside of it. This truck was an oilfield service truck in OK I have seen it since it was new. Its not the most attravtice piece due to the dents and dings of its work history. I have had it for almost 8 months and pulled and put it through the works. Even though I havent had it long in a since i have had it since it was new. Seeing it almost every day. Pictures are on my profile. I would greatly use and appreciate this kit.
This is a pretty cool story! I have an 04 with 348,000 all original and never was cracked until I got it (Actually probably would have never lifted the heads but I bought a used tuner and turned it all the way up, 2 weeks later it was puking fluid). It's down now actually with some transmission mod's!:thumb:

-Matt H

·
Registered
127 Posts
I would like one, not deserve one as I dont know much about mine yet. Its a 2007 XLT thats taking place of my 2002 Dmax as our ranch truck. This one has 100k and so far runs well but then again its only been 3 weeks.

·
Climb to Glory!
137 Posts
My story…

I have a 2007 F250 CCSB 4x4. This was my first diesel truck. Even though she was not new when bought, I feel she is the perfect truck for me.

I had always dreamed of owning a diesel since my uncle gave me a ride in his old Chevy smoker. Unfortunately, it was never in the cards for me. After high-school I got my first job, I joined the Army, and was promptly sent to Germany. This complicated things a bit, as it was difficult to save money for a diesel truck as a Private in the Army, not to mention, the wonderful nectar of the gods, beer. Still I hoped. While in Germany I found the love of my life and got married. Best mod ever.

After a couple of deployments to play Soldier I finally returned to the States in 2005. Upon arriving the first thing my wife and I did was go look at trucks, even before we found a house to rent. WOW, at the prices of brand new diesels. I couldn’t believe they were so darn expensive. Well, with that out of the question we went the gasser route. This served us for what we needed at the time, though it was not the most desirable. We made a couple of bad decisions, Dodge and Chevy, on choices of vehicles with one good one, a 2007 F150, mixed in between. Factor in a couple more sight-seeing trips, one to the sand box and one to the mountains, and getting a diesel seemed to keep getting farther and farther away.

Then came the move to Hell. The Army in all its great wisdom decided that Ft Polk, LA was the most wonderful place in the world and moved me there. Just in time for round 5 of the fight, YAH! Well, being that my wife had firmly entrenched herself in her job and the fact that we had bought a house at Ft Hood it was decided that we would get a RV for me to live in at Ft Polk. One month later and as I am struggling to drag a travel trailer through the heart of Texas into Louisiana I am simultaneously praying that I have a gas station coming up soon. It sure was difficult, emotionally wise, to calculate the gallons per mile that I got out of my X-Cab Silverado on that trip.

About halfway through the latest all expenses paid vacation I came home for R&R where it was decided that after my trip was over my wife would quit her job and move to Louisiana with me. Boy is she a glutton for punishment. We also talked about the possibility of completing a preggo’s mod. This really made a diesel seem like it would never happen. Somewhere in the last few months my wife decided to get a little sneaky, and smart at the same time, and got rid of the Silverado for…wait for it…a diesel!

She found an awesome F250 that was in great shape mechanically and cosmetically, with a little help from a member here on the forum. So she promptly dumped the Silverado and enthusiastically drove home in our first diesel. Yep, she went out on her own and bought me my dream truck. What a great woman!

Now, what to do the truck. First she needed a name, christen her Dizzie Da Dizzle. Why you ask? Because triple Ds are WAAAAAYYYY better than double Ds. So far not much has been done to modify her. We are trying to start small and focus on things that will increase her life span or are functional. We have gotten the necessary fuel upgrades and an Edge Insight to keep track of everything. There are huge plans to bullet-proof her and make her the best darn diesel we can. These include EGR delete, exhaust, tuner, leveling kit, studs, coolers, turbo, injectors, Line-X and all the cool little gadgets that go with the Edge Insight.

As a huge thank you to my wife, who is a HUGE wine person, we have planned an early summer trip across the country to California, to visit the wineries out there. As long as we make the requisite stop at the Grand Canyon, so I can ride around on a donkey. Towing our travel trailer through the desert is not exactly going to be easy on Dizzie but, I know she will be up to the task. This is a big reason, in my mind, to make sure she is bullet-proof, so that I can give this trip to my wife as a way to say thank you for always being there and supporting me through all the bullsh*t of military life.

These are all necessary, to me at least, because I plan to drive her till she falls apart. Hopefully with all the upgrades, accessories and bullet-proofing that will be a long way away. My hope is, when we do have kids, to get them hooked on trucks and diesels by working on her with me. Then, once they are old enough to hand over the keys and let it be their first vehicle.

So, that’s my story and I’m sticking to it!

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My story…

I have a 2007 F250 CCSB 4x4. This was my first diesel truck. Even though she was not new to me when bought, I feel she is the perfect truck for me.

I had always dreamed of owning a diesel since my uncle gave me a ride in his old Chevy smoker. Unfortunately, it was never in the cards for me. After high-school I got my first job, I joined the Army, and was promptly sent to Germany. This complicated things a bit as it was difficult to save money for a diesel truck as a Private in the Army, not to mention all the partying in Germany. Still I hoped. While in Germany I found the love of my life and got married. Best mod ever.

After a couple of deployments to play Soldier I finally returned to the States in 2005. Upon arriving the first thing my wife and I did was go look at trucks, even before we found a house to rent. WOW, at the prices of brand new diesels. I couldn’t believe they were so darn expensive. Well, with that out of the question we went the gasser route. This served us for what we needed at the time, though it was not the most desirable. We made a couple of bad decisions of choices of vehicles with one good one, a 2007 F150, mixed in between. Factor in a couple more sight-seeing trips, one to the sand box and one to the mountains, and getting a diesel seemed to keep getting farther and farther away.

Then came the move to Hell. The Army in all its great wisdom decided that Ft Polk, LA was the most wonderful place in the world and moved me there. Just in time for round 5 of the fight, YAH! Well, being that my wife had firmly entrenched herself in her job and the fact that we had bought a house at Ft Hood it was decided that we would get a RV for me to live in at Ft Polk. One month later and as I am struggling to drag a travel trailer through the heart of Texas into Louisiana, I am simultaneously praying that I have a gas station coming up soon. It sure was difficult, emotionally wise, to calculate the gallons per mile that I got out of my X-Cab Silverado on that trip.

About halfway through the latest all expenses paid vacation I came home for R&R where it was decided that after my trip was over my wife would quit her job and move to Louisiana with me. Boy is she a glutton for punishment. We also talked about the possibility of completing a preggo’s mod. This really made a diesel seem like it would never happen. Somewhere in the last few months my wife decided to get a little sneaky, and smart at the same time, and get rid of the Silverado for…wait for it…a diesel!

She found an awesome F250 that was in great shape mechanically and cosmetically, with a little help from a member here on the forum. So she promptly dumped the Silverado and enthusiastically drove home in our first diesel. Yep, she went out on her own and bought me my dream truck. What a great woman!

Now, what to do the truck. First she needed a name, christen her Dizzie Da Dizzle. Why you ask? Because triple Ds are WAAAAAYYYY better than double Ds. So far not much has been done to modify her. We are trying to start small and focus on things that will increase her life span or are functional. We have gotten the necessary fuel upgrades and an Edge Insight to keep track of everything. There are huge plans to bullet-proof her and make her the best darn diesel we can. These include EGR delete, exhaust, tuner, leveling kit, studs, coolers, turbo, injectors, Line-X and all the cool little gadgets that go with the Edge Insight.

As a huge thank you to my wife, who is a HUGE wine person, we have planned an early summer trip across the country to California to visit the wineries out there. As long as we make the requisite stop at the Grand Canyon so I can ride around on a donkey. Towing our travel trailer through the desert is not exactly going to be easy on Dizzie but, I know she will be up to the task. This is a big reason in my mind to make sure she is bullet-proof, so that I can give this trip to my wife as a way to say thank you for always being there and supporting me through all the bullsh*t on military life.

These are all necessary, to me at least, because I plan to drive her till she falls apart. Hopefully with all the upgrades , accessories and bullet-proofing that will be a long way away. My hope is, when we do have kids, to get them hooked on trucks and diesels by working on her with me. Then, once they are old enough to hand over the keys and let it be their first vehicle.

So, that’s my story and I’m sticking to it!
Wow!! Dude cool story!!! Really cool story!!!

This is the EXACT kind of story I am looking for... This is what makes the diesel aftermarket side of things so different from anything else I have been involved with, because there are neat stories behind so many trucks!

I hope to see more stories like this!!!!

-Matt H:thumb:

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would like one, not deserve one as I dont know much about mine yet. Its a 2007 XLT thats taking place of my 2002 Dmax as our ranch truck. This one has 100k and so far runs well but then again its only been 3 weeks.
Still counts! LoL this early in who knows!!!!

·
Climb to Glory!
137 Posts
Wow!! Dude cool story!!! Really cool story!!!

This is the EXACT kind of story I am looking for... This is what makes the diesel aftermarket side of things so different from anything else I have been involved with, because there are neat stories behind so many trucks!

I hope to see more stories like this!!!!

Thanks. It has been a rough trip getting to this point but at least we made it together.

Want to say, welcome to the forum and i think these two promos are simply awesome of you to do. Getting to know the enthusiast is the best to go. Regardless of how this turns out I wish you the absolute best and I will definitely be looking you up for some future mods.

v/r

Ken

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well, my story is a bit odd and involves me putting the cart before the horse. After driving around in a Geo Prism for 4 years, I finally figured out the those little guys are pretty easy to destroy and burnt up the engine. So after looking for a car for a while, my in laws sold me their 02 F150 Supercrew (the first horse) so that I could haul around my 3 little guys and not have to cram them into a Honda Civic. As the boys got older and after numerous trips to the baseball field, we realized that we enjoyed the outdoors more than the crazies at the ballfield that think theirs is the next Mickey Mantle and bought a camper (the cart). We shopped around for a while and finally came across a little camper that would suit our needs. Every salesperson said "Oh yeah its a full size truck and you can pull whatever you want", so we took them at their word and took off down the road for new adventures! Little did I know that a small V-8 is not really the kind to vehicle you want go thru the mountains with an eighteen wheeler grinding at the back bumper (talk about white knuckles:doh:). So I went looking for a diesel to help pull the camper and to keep me from turning the 4.6L into a yard ornament. I Started out looking for an F250, then went crazy looking for a Duramax for the last year and a half. I was up one night and decided to do a quick search for a truck and figured what the heck lets check out a Ford again. Right there on the first page was the sweetest looking 06 Grey F250 Crewcab 4x4 Diesel (the new horse). It is a little high on miles, but what the heck its a diesel and it was priced right. Right color and right set up and less than an hour from the house, figured it was fate. Drove up the next night to look at it and bought it the next moring (3 other guys were not happy with me that morning :thumb:). Pretty much a bone stock truck with 170,000 miles and a new owner that is reading every post on this wonderful forum to learn what I can. Would love to get an opportunity to get this very generous prize to get me off on the right foot.
Thanks for the opportunity,
Bri

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I inherited/bought my dads truck from him in dec 2007. The truck was a bone stock 98 f150 xl that he got new in October 97. In the 3 1/2 yrs I transformed it into a completely different truck and loved every minute of it. It was my passion but was only an extended cab 3 door. When my son was born a yr ago it was a little tight getting him in and out and only way it worked was with the buckets I had installed before.

Came to a cross road and decided that I needed to sell it and get something bigger. I hated to get rid of it after so much work I had put into it but the bigger picture was longer term and won out. I sold it and then I was on the hunt for a crew cab 4x4 and realized in my price range I wanted a f250 since I could get more for my money and longevity out of it. Found my current truck and took it home the next day and loved every minute of it, moved from a v6 manual xl to my diesel automatic lariat crew cab.

Then the second weekend I had it the ac compressor died on me and had to have the system basically replaced since the truck has 172k and the age killed it. After that I had some time to work up some money to put into the truck and got and xcal and CTS monitor only to realize I had a clogged oil cooler. Not my truck (my passion) is sidelined to only transporting me to work and back about 5 miles a day till October after my wedding that me and my fiancé are paying for ourselves.

I've always loved fords and been a ford guy and an active forum member and fully enjoy modding and wrenching on my truck but currently it's tough to not have the money to do repairs right away and update the truck as needed and desired. It'll get done in time and will work out but hey free stuff always helps out :thumb:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Wow, nicely written IRNFST, Great story. I can dig.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Oh, and also. thank you for your service to our grand country! A buddy of mine served overseas, and lost BOTH his legs over there.. He now drives an 08 F-350 6.4 FX-4. and every time I get in I get jealous lol. I just cant seem to get him on these forums though.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My 2007 hsa been a work in progress and she deserves the finishing touches. I hbeen slowly peicing her together with the warratny just about out now. She hasny been opened up yet in 87K, but just shot the tranny and now she needs the full TLC she deserves.
WHY ME???
Living down south LA, we all pull trailers, of all kinds.
The reason my tranny went I am assuming began with the kind gesture of me pulling a stranger out the mud on a highline. I got stuck 3x times trying to get to him and even burnt up my winch.
My baby is always off road in the pasture loading livestock, and nowadays espescially hay. Them poor boys in Texas have been in such a drought they cant get enough of it.
Been making one trip a week to Houston area with a 32' trailer (round and square). Some of the local guys are charging the crap out of em, but I beleive what goes around, comes around.
My baby has to last, cause I plan on keeping her for a long time.
Ol Girl is a workhorse, pulling the skiff full of crawfish, tractor, cars, hay, anything I can hook-up to.
The most precious cargo is my kids, when baby girl asks me "Daddy cab we go for a ride in Diesel" I cant help but smile and take for a ride and blow some smoke for her.
When she says "go diesel go" I cant help but hammer down and pin her back till she laughs.
Work hard, play hard, live right, build it right.
Anybody else got tailagte hickeys from breaking chains & burnt up winches?
Plus its hotter than hell down here, and as hard as she works, she simply deserves it......
This would bethe icing on the cake for my baby, especially after forking out all the dough for the ICON 2.5" stage 5 leveling kit I just put on her.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My 2007 hsa been a work in progress and she deserves the finishing touches. I hbeen slowly peicing her together with the warratny just about out now. She hasny been opened up yet in 87K, but just shot the tranny and now she needs the full TLC she deserves.
WHY ME???
Living down south LA, we all pull trailers, of all kinds.
The reason my tranny went I am assuming began with the kind gesture of me pulling a stranger out the mud on a highline. I got stuck 3x times trying to get to him and even burnt up my winch.
My baby is always off road in the pasture loading livestock, and nowadays espescially hay. Them poor boys in Texas have been in such a drought they cant get enough of it.
Been making one trip a week to Houston area with a 32' trailer (round and square). Some of the local guys are charging the crap out of em, but I beleive what goes around, comes around.
My baby has to last, cause I plan on keeping her for a long time.
Ol Girl is a workhorse, pulling the skiff full of crawfish, tractor, cars, hay, anything I can hook-up to.
The most precious cargo is my kids, when baby girl asks me "Daddy cab we go for a ride in Diesel" I cant help but smile and take for a ride and blow some smoke for her.
When she says "go diesel go" I cant help but hammer down and pin her back till she laughs.
Work hard, play hard, live right, build it right.
Anybody else got tailagte hickeys from breaking chains & burnt up winches?
Plus its hotter than hell down here, and as hard as she works, she simply deserves it......
This would bethe icing on the cake for my baby, especially after forking out all the dough for the ICON 2.5" stage 5 leveling kit I just put on her.
Sounds like my kind of truck! You shipping round or square? Those guys in Texas are starving for good hay! We have been in a slight drought here as well. We usually get four cuts a season. This year we got 3 and really only had enough for 2 cuts. A lot of folks around here only got two cuts! Needless to say we aren't shipping much south this year!!

-Matt H

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.