Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 f250 80k miles. Truck was running fine. No water in fuel, no error lights. Turned off truck to use rest area, came out and truck wouldn’t start. Towed 75 miles to closest dealership. The ran a “pinpoint test” and said it was probably a pump but that they were going to first replace the fuel rail and pressure regulator. They received approval for the repairs. When tearing down parts they located metal shavings. They have now denied the claim under the factory warranty. I am hoping extended warranty covers but after reading all the articles online I am sickened. Service writer said no evidence of water or def in fuel “but we haven’t tested for gasoline yet...”

Dealer wants over $10k to repair. Problem... I don’t have $10,000. How can they approve the repairs to the regulator and fuel rail but then deny the hpfp? The service writer said the HPFP isn’t covered. Help!!!

·
Super Moderator
9,629 Posts
Sounds like you need to read your warranty coverage. Metal shavings is not a warranty void situation especially at 80k.

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
Sounds like you need to read your warranty coverage. Metal shavings is not a warranty void situation especially at 80k.
Agreed, that situation blows...bad, but certainly isn't something Ford should cover at that many miles.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Im going thru a pump starting to fail. 1st i would get a contribution code that would pop up ever once in a wile. Like every few weeks.( i drive 1k a week for work some weeks) then got more regular and would jump around from cylinders. I over treat with howes and power service dont know if it helped or not. I changed filters and there was metal shavings in the frame filter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts