Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any way i can wire it up to a switch?? i dont want it hooked up to the brake pedal. i just need it wired up so i can flip a switch to use it. if anyone knows how, please share some info. thanks!
jeff :icon_ford:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok....i figured it out. its fricken simple. if anyone wants an exhaust brake, but doesnt want to go through all the crap to wire it up to the brake pedal, and doesnt want it plugged in anyway, because it comes on at the wrong time (thats what mine did) or whatever. all you need to do is wire up a 12V switch and run 12v to the gray/red wire. you just cut the gray/red wire and solder on the 12V switched wire. you can leave the ground hooked up. just do something so the cut gray/red wire doenst short out. so basically you just send a 12v signal to the gray/red wire and it closes. cut the power and it opens back up. its a lot simpler than going through the other crap for the brake pedal.
jeff

·
Registered
92 Posts
I hooked mine up to an old gear splitter switch so it's right on the stick. I just reach over and pull it up when I need it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nice! got a pic??

·
Registered
214 Posts
where you stole a spliter from lol that a good idea i might try that one thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts