Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres the deal now that it is cooler out I have been watching my ect/eot everyone says if the eot is more then 15 deg from ect I should get a wrench lite. So here is the problem I am seeing about a 22 deg diff, ect is between 190-192 but the eot is around 211-214, thats empty not towing, never seen a wench lite come on and the fan never kicks in. This truck is sct custom tuned but that should not make a diff? So is it a bad eot sensor or something else? If I let the truck just sit and idle the oil temp will settle back down under 208.:dunno: I also know it has one of the newer ford flashes on it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
When you say "cooler out" do you mean egr cooler out (egr delete?) or do you mean oil cooler was replaced? If you only did egr delete you still might have oil cooler problem.

·
Registered
28 Posts
In this case it sounds like a bad oil cooler.

How long have you been monitoring the eot/ect? Did you just get the gauges to do it or have you had them for a while and just started to notice this pattern?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No it's been like this since the oil cooler was changed out and about 4 days later the motor too a crap so we used the cooler that was only 4 days old and put it on another motor. There is some lite oil coming out of the top of the oil temp sending unit I just thought it might be a bad sending unit?

·
Banned
920 Posts
Ford Nd international state in the event of an engine falure for whatever reason you should replace the oil cooler assembly, not just the cooler. You may have a bad sensor but id bet its an oil cooler. Just had a 550 in and the eot and ect with a egr cooler delete and new oil cooler with filter run 189-197 with no more the 6* between the two at any givin time

·
Registered
118 Posts
Back flush the cooler and see what happens....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Billieg, how do you do that? How do you backwash the oil cooler? Just curious how complicated or not it is to do! Thanks!

Stan

·
Registered
118 Posts
There is a very large thread about this here somewhere. Search back flush oil cooler. The water side is what you back flush. Take the top cap off the oil cooler and insert a 3/4 inch hose with a garden hose fitting on it. There was a guy on that thread from another country that did it every week for a few weeks and it helped him clean it out. It was also recommended for a new cooler that starts to climb the EOT up before it gets blocked solid.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts