Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like alot of people im thinking about getting a DP tuner with a couple setting and one of them being the 60hp tow. I was wondering how much the truck would smoke in this tune? i have a white boat and would rather keep it clean and not have to keep wiping the black soot off it. so question at hand is how much soot will i get? Thanks.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I have the 80 tow and it puffs a little smoke, might be enough on a white boat.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
i have the 60tow, Mine doest really smoke at all, im not pullin nothin though

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
I pull a 9K TT and get smoke when I get on it or climb a good hill, but it is nothing that sticks to the trailer!!!

Here is what Jody told me.

80 tow is for under 5k,
60 tow is for under 10K
40 tow is for over 10K

You also better support your auto trans if you have one. I like the FTVB valvebody.
With my current set up I have never had to back off the go pedal due to high EGT's and I have pulled some long steep mountains, as well as short steeper ones!! Gotta love ggod tunes and proper air flow.
NCH

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
my 80 setting will smoke somewhat decent compared to a superchip. if you just want smoke get the aggressive setting. 140 that will give you more smoke than you know what to do with.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just pulled my 31' 5th wheel in the 60 tow and noticed very little smoke. It was on flat roads and even when I got on it a bit off the line nothing that would make me think I'd have to clean off my camper

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all, i plan on getting a VB but its becoming alittle costly compared to my original plan. So do you guys think I should just regear and hold off on the chip because i won't be able to get the valve body?

·
Registered
25 Posts
i pull my 45 ft fifth wheel in the 60 and 80 hp tune and it only smoke when im 1st accelerating once im at speed i have no smoke.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts